• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Seats :)

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
So i have been doing some research on here (weird i know :),) normally i just ask about it and piss people off haha. But hey i have changed for the better lol. Anyway, i went to a pick a part today and got a passenger side wj seat full power for 40 bucks. I got home took off the power slides on the wj seat and replaced it with my mechanical xj seat bracket. after i installed that i then took the wiring harness for the power seats and cut all the wires off for all the other movements except for the wires that bring the back of the chair forward and back. i then took the + and the - wires and hook them up and woola you have a much better seat. This will only work i believe for 95 and newer cherokees. This will also work with the ZJ seats as well.

Nice job. Got any pictures?

Here they r
aefe2238-74e0-0f81.jpg
aefe2238-74f8-0431.jpg

Those look awesome in there. Nice work. I bet they're comfy too. :)

Those look great!
How different are the early/late seat mountings? I'd love to get a set of seats like those for mine, but it's a '93.

You could have modified the stock WJ brackets and kept all of the power stuff fairly easily. I did this on mine, I have a set from an 03WJ. I couldnt figure out the heated seats portion, but they do have that option. You should also be able to hook up your power lumbar if you hooked up the rear of the seat.

~ Stump

Are those both passenger seats? And how did the other guy get the wj bracket to work on the xj? I put my wj seat in my xj and the holes were way off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just a little fabwork is all it takes. The front mounts were flattened out, and new rear holes for the seats were drilled. I will take a few pictures if I remember and post them. The lumbar button is the single button on the side towards the front of the seat. It operates a lumbar feature in the rear, upright portion of the seat back. Very nice on longer trips...

but how to you wire it because there are to plugs (green) and (black) the green one only has two wires and the black one has 4 wires, then they both hook into the main plug. do i need the female part of the plug?

Is there a write up on this mod for pre-96? I may have the option on getting some. I always figured they were to wide for an XJ. Very nice BTW.

i hooked into the main power plug power supply, it was only one positive and negative, and it fed everything from there. Not sure about yours since you basically disabled the bottom portion of the seat. You should be able to trace the wires from the lumbar motor.

i hooked into the main power plug power supply, it was only one positive and negative, and it fed everything from there.

So if you run a +/- from fuse block under the hood (only place i have room) with a 20 amp fuse to each seat you have full power seats?

I guess another question is.. Will they fold far enough forward for a 2 door?

Last edited:
When I swapped in ZJ seats, I swapped out the fold forward hinge off a 2 dr, it works great. Not sure if it will swap over to a WJ seat though

They dont fold persey, the motorized action does not go that far forward though. I doubt it would work good for a two door.

But yes, when you determine which wires are what (I think there were 6 of them in the factory seat plug?) you only need to use two wires. I also went straight to an empty 20 AMP fused circuit in the panel, under the dash.

97ish ZJ Limited plug. Same deal, 6 wires, red and black are power and ground. No memory function, no heat, just power to the "brain" that runs the motors. You don't have to cut the harness up at all, beyond tapping into the red and black, and unplugging any motors you won't be installing (if you're swapping ZJ seats to XJ bases).

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/AHhub/forum stuff/DSCF5377.jpg

Last edited:
Back