• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello Washington

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,

I am moving to the Seattle area here soon coming from socal. I just finished my contract with the Marines and I got a job working with the national weather service. Any advice on an area that is cheap and has good schools would be appreciated. Looking Foward to some good wheeling out in that area.

Tyler

I heard Renton was a nice place to live.

O.K., not really.

I don't know anything about the Seattle area but if you look south 25 miles I can tell you Milton, Edgewood, Puyallup, Sumner are pretty nice towns. As for schools my son just started pre-school in Sumner so my opinion would be short on experience.

Hope you like clouds and rain.

Last edited:
Hope you like clouds and rain.

and people that forget how to drive whenever the weather changes, which is quite often.. i liked puyallup when i lived there but the traffic is horrible if you need to use meridian. personally i liked it just fine out in eatonville,wa nice and calm, but i work all over the state and moving to tacoma helps my commute

Thank yall. I'm currently looking around the kirkland / redmond areas.

arlington is cheap. and has some of the best schools in the area. also closes to one of the better wheeling areas in washington

Welcome to the best chapter in the Northwest.

san clemente? bring me some fish tacos from Pedro's on your way up

Its the only chapter in the NW

1815908-thats_the_joke_super.jpg

Hey man welcome! I'm pretty new to the area also. I'd say to take a look at where you will be working and then look around there. Traffic is pretty crappy goin south on 405 in the morning and then north at night. I live in Bellevue and its a great area, albeit expensive. There are more affordable parts of Bellevue tho. Kirkland has some pricy and less pricy areas too, but still a little up there, along with Redmond. All places are good places and close to a lot as well as the major freeways. You looking to buy soon or just rent for now?

Redmond, nor Kirkland do not sound cheap either.

Did I miss it? What city is your new job in?

School..
What program of study are you interested in. I always give props out to University of Washington, especially the Tacoma campus.

My job will be on the nw side of lake Washington I'm wanting to go to university of Washington Seattle campus, so my work and school are going to be close. I can't wait to try out some of the wheeling out there. I heard it is much different from the hammers.

check out lynnwood. a little more affordable for sure, just have to deal with traffic. but the term affordable is all relative without knowing your budget. so who knows. just google places not to live in the seattle area so you dont move in the ghetto.

i like ballard and fremont. pretty close to school there and its got a great feel to the area. as well as not the ghetto. however, those are pricey

It has to do with what you can afford.
How much do you want to pay for housing, gas, etc...

Renton, Kent, Puyallup, West or South Seattle, Black Diamond, Auburn, etc...
Many of these areas can be very decieving. One block will be nice, one will not.

Back