• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab - Who's leaving when

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I figure it would be nice to have a list of who's leaving when for Moab so that those leaving at the same approximate time can caravan together.

I'll start it out, my plans are to leave the Downtown L.A. area at noon on Wednesday, October 8, take the US60 East to 15 North. I will be stopping in Victorville to meet up with at least one more Jeep...

Sequoia

LEAVING THE 7TH

I will be leaving the 7th at about 9:00 pm to get about halfway before 2:00 am. Sleeping then breakfast and drive in. At least thats my plan!
Rabbit:bunny:

P.s. maybe can be talked into leaving later!!
:cheers:

Hey Charles... how early Sat? If so we might hook up someplace on the way? I'm leaving from OC early Sat (but we're talking EARLY LOL)

Kejtar

I'm leaving very early Sunday morning from Bakersfield. I'll probably be going through Barstow around 7:00 am.

BTW, I'm wondering if anyone is leaving on Friday. The shirts need to be picked up in San Bernardino, not too far from the freeway. In the past, my Dad picked them up (he's in Riverside) and we brought them to Moab. However, this year we have a much bigger order and I don't know if I can fit it in my Jeep with the other stuff I'm bringing. Will anyone be close to San Bernardino on Friday? Who might have room for a couple big boxes?

Richard,

If you can get them down to me I can haul them out. I might be able to get them but won't know until it gets closer.

call me at the shop if you need to set things up.

mark

Oct 8th.

Would this be me? "I will be stopping in Victorville to meet up with at least one more Jeep..." As mentioned planning on leaving Oxnard around noon via 118 to Victorville. Sister lives 1/2 way if we need to stop and get some rest, although she was supposed to be moving from St. George to LVegas around now???

Joe

Leaving

I will be leaving on Sat 10/4 from Mesa, Az maybe even friday night

Michaelle and I are leaving Saturday, October 4th as early in the morning as I can wake up. Sometime between 4:00 - 6:00AM.

We leave from Canoga Park heading out east on the 118. Planned route is up I-5 and 14, across Pearblossom Highway to Victorville where we'll hook up with I-15 north.

Yes, we'll be the slow pokes in the right lane. We'll be driving our 32' Holiday Rambler motorhome and flat towing a white XJ. I have a spare handheld CB radio and I'll monitor channel 4. If you see us, make sure you give us a shout-out. Yo?

Remi... or any other slow pokes leaving the 4th... wanna caravan?

Andy Steiner said:
Remi... or any other slow pokes leaving the 4th... wanna caravan?
How slow is slow??? I'm hoping to be able to hold my own at about 65~70mph :)
Btw, look into getting an FRS for the trip :) a lot more convenient then CB :D

Kejtar

Richard,

I'm not leaving until Monday night (10-6) but I'll pass very near San Bernadino (I-15) and I can bring the boxes if you have not found someone else.

I should be in San Bernadino area about 8 pm.

If you guys think of anything else you need after you get to Moab give me a call and I'll try to bring it with me.

For the record to keep this on subject, I'm leaving Carlsbad on Monday night about 6 pm (10-6) heading up the 15, spending the night in Vegas. Tuesday am get back on the 15, head to Utah and take 70 east till the Moab exit.

I should arrive late Tuesday Afternoon and staying at Slickrock.

Ray

Kejtar said:
How slow is slow??? I'm hoping to be able to hold my own at about 65~70mph :)
Btw, look into getting an FRS for the trip :) a lot more convenient then CB :D

You wanna do 70 pulling a trailer?!?!? :scared: Yikes. You got extra squirrels under the hood or what?

I typically drive 60 when towing. Since we have a long way to go, I'd be willing to push that up to 65 if you're willing to hold it down to 65. Sound like a good compromise?

BTW... I have a pair of GMRS radios. If we caravan, you're welcome to use one.

Seqouia and Goatman

I go by San bernardino every day and live 15 miles from where you describe in your post. I can pick them up and meet somebody going up earlier then me within reason to give them to them. Just trying to help.

Seqouia: I am in San Bernardino/Redlands area and will be leaving about 9:00 pm tuesday. Like I siad unless somebody wants to talk me out of going up in the night and caravan up instead!(hint).

P.s I will be stopping wherever I get tired. If the excitement continues like it is I will probably drive straight through!

Andy Steiner said:
You got extra squirrels under the hood or what?

No squirrels but I got 6 lemmings with a gas torch close to their tails :D
I'm probably not going to be going that fast uphil or downhill, but the straight runs :) :) Anyways, we'll see how it goes, but 65 sounds fine as well :D

In regards to the GMRS, I'm good to go :) got one Motorola GMRS and another handheld unit that will also work on those Freq :)

Kejtar

Re: Seqouia and Goatman

ryurabbit said:
I go by San bernardino every day and live 15 miles from where you describe in your post. I can pick them up and meet somebody going up earlier then me within reason to give them to them. Just trying to help.

Seqouia: I am in San Bernardino/Redlands area and will be leaving about 9:00 pm tuesday. Like I siad unless somebody wants to talk me out of going up in the night and caravan up instead!(hint).

P.s I will be stopping wherever I get tired. If the excitement continues like it is I will probably drive straight through!

Here's where they'll be. Don't know yet what day they'll be done, but we had a delay in getting the totals tallyed up, so it's going to be close getting them ready. Will probably be ready to pick up by Thursday or Friday, Oct 2-3.

California Casuals Inc.
3940 Cajon Blvd.
San Bernardino, CA 92407

Phone = 909-880-0860

I'll know more next week. We need to have them in Moab on Sunday or Monday so we can pass them out when regsitration starts on Monday.

In that case, I can potentially make arrangements with rabbit :) I should be passing through early Sat so if you could pick them up ahead of time, we could arrange to meet on the side of the freeway and transfer them :)

Remi aka Kejtar

Back