• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear blocks under my leafs.

Generally yes. If you have 1.5" blocks, remove the blocks, and put in 1.5" lift shackles you will end up with the same amount of lift.

Not so much - I've read from a few vendors about how you get half of the additional length of the shackle as lift, so make sure that's what you're reading.

If you get a shackle 3" longer, that will net you 1.5" of lift. If it's a 1.5" longer shackle, you'll only get 0.75" of lift.

Check with the manufacturer to determine whether the given length is the additional length of the shackle, or the actual lift offered by the shackle after installation.

^^ Correct, it matters. Truth is that as the axle is not centered on the spring, a shackle that is 3" longer than stock will deliver less than 1.5" of lift. I would bore you with the math, but just go look for yourself. The axle is set forward of center. What would be handy to know is where are you now for overall lift. Replacement springs will be the best solution.

that and if you set it up to flex the shackle will not be straight up and down anyway. But if you are playing with shackle angle you likely have shackle relocation brackets which will give you some lift in and of themselves. Lots of things to consider.

Back