• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO spectre intake on renix

Monster Mopar

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be purchasing a cowl intake and since quadratec has the spectre's on sale ($20 mail in rebate) I figured I'd go this route.

I know spectre makes a kit specifically for the renix era XJs but where this intake enters the cowl it will interfere with my relays I've installed for all my aux. things and I'd rather not relocate it all.

HO intake

Renix intake

I currently have the hesco CAI which came with an adapter that allows the intake to clamp on like the HO intakes vs bolt on like the stock renix intake system.

Taking the above into consideration do you see any difficulties using the HO intake system rather than the renix one?

EDIT: HERE is my current CAI, if you look at the picture closely you can see the adapter I'm talking about.

I have the required flange from my hesco system.... as long as they're the same size.

What's the diameter of the flange that the intake tube clamps onto on the HO throttle body?

Don't have a set of calipers handy, but on my 97 TB the clamping surface has an OD of about 2-5/8". There's a lip around the top that is around 1/16"; just enough to catch the elbow even if the clamp is loose. Doubt that it matters much.

Thanks, hubs. I happened to be at the junk yard today and measured a HO flange from a grand cherokee and got the same measurement as you (2-5/8"). I measured my HESCO adapter's flange and it measures approx. 2-3/4" (It was dark outside).

I don't think the 1/8" difference in diameter is going to make much of a difference, especially since my adapter 1/8" larger.

Back