• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any bowfishers in the NorthWest?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
spring is rolling around which means the bowfishing tournaments will be starting up soon! was curious if anyone on here bowfishes??

Well you got that new bow so why not try out some bow fishing ;)

It is perfectly legal in washington. You can only shoot common carp however. There are a lot of places to shoot at in washington and a few tourneys. Dont need to even have a hunting or fishing license. Great way to get ready for the archery season!

i bought a bow specifically for bow fishing last year and just picked up a new one with a whole new setup for this year.

my 2 bowfishing bows
402688_348991805132973_100000664684710_1118325_2070288391_n.jpg

my new bow and new spincast reel setup
407398_348991245133029_100000664684710_1118324_2033316288_n.jpg

me and a buddy scored 43 carp in a day and a half over near pothole reservoir last summer (the fish are double stacked)

IMG_0396.jpg

a few different options. during this trip there were some russians fishing who love carp and were more than happy to take a few off our hands. another option is pile them in a field and wait for coyotes to come and blast them also ;) or dig a hole and bury them. they are a garbage fish thats why it is free to do all year round

Do you fish from land or boat? The guy who did my gear work is big into bow hunting and was telling me about bow fishing. It has kinda sparked an interest. I was thinking I could use them for crab bait later on in the session. Crab baits not cheep these days. Some places I have to pay $2 a fish and all that's left is head and bones. I usually use chicken quarters at .98 lb. but they don't seam to work as good as fish does. But I have never tried to use a fresh water fish before.

we started by shooting off land and then built a deck on my buddies boat and only go by boat. its a frickin blast if you have a deck to stand up on. my buddy tried using the meat in his crawdad traps but didnt have a whole lot of luck

Back