• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Sahara 2/18. Minimum carnage.

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Coury and I were the only two there. We spent about 3 hours following each other around. The weather was warm, and except for the north side of the dunes the sand was pretty soft. We did some pretty good climbs, one of which I couldn't even walk up later. Coury that was the one just before the first refreshment break. As far as I know, Coury had to retie-wrap his electric fan back at one point. I broke a Teraflex quick disconnect for my anti-sway bar in the front, lost both springs that keep the rear emergency brake cables up (supposedly) out of harm and I had a serpentine belt that jumped on the power steering and chewed off two ribs all around. There may be more when I really look it over, but it drove home O.K. When I can, I'll post some pics.

that has got to be the smallest sand dunes trip ever, but sounds like it was fun wish i could have made it.

sucks about all the small problems but hey what would a trip be without issues right :)

I had a good time, it was nice to relax and bomb around for a few hours. No wife, no kids, great weather. :) Good to meet you Steve, thanks again for the kick ass sandwich. I snapped a few pics...

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer about the small turnout. But, the dunes are a good time no matter what. Perhaps we will some late winter weather and plan another run next month.

Jared:patriot:

Back