• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keyless entry

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
So I went to Best Buy today to get a keyless entry system that they claim has free installation, and they wanted to charge me an extra $60 in shop fees and $40 to install 2 extra relays. Well I wasnt gonna pay that so I just wanted the system to take home and install it myself...only they automatically charge you the shop fee when you buy it, so there is no way you can purchase the dang thing without paying the added fees.

Anyways, anyone know of a good keyless entry system that wont break the bank (or force you to pay extra fees)? Dont want an alarm or remote start...just a button to push now and then to lock/unlock my doors.

Thanks,

Jmeti000

What year/model of your Jeep? Are you sure it doesn't have a stock keyless entry? If it does you can buy a key fob off of eBay and then have the dealer program it for you.

Have you tried buying the same kit from best buy off their website? I doubt they can charge a shop fee from an online purchase.

Crutchfield?

I personally stay the heck away from non factory remote/alarm systems. Too many problems from a one size fits all kit, and installers that think taping wires together constitutes a splice

Back