• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion Guards/Skids

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
Ive looked abit on the net as well as here and didnt find any for the 8.8. I found some from Nth degree that looked awesome, but I think they are out of business, plus I dont think they made one for the 8.8. Anyways, pics are always awesome, homebrew and other brands. Thanks guys.

AEV owns/makes?? the Nth degree stuff I think. Here is a link to their JK44 slider:

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop...plates/jk-slider-differential-skid-plate.html

Didn't see one for 8.8.

How different are the 9 inch and 8.8?? I'm not too familiar with them. I did see a pretty slick pinion guard/slider for 9 inch kind of like the AEV one made by a guy named Duff, I THINK...

If they are similar I think it could be made to fit??

The 9in is a drop out axle. The third member unbolts and removes from the axle housing. That pinion guard bolts to the third member. The 8.8 is not a drop out style axle. The link to thed Jk slider seems to be how most Ive seen mount to the pinion. I will be using a Ruffstuff diff cover and IRO truss for the 8.8. Once its finished I'll see what I can make for a pinion guard.

Put an augur on the driveshaft. It'll pull itself over rocks. :gee:

Seriously though, there are the bolt holes on that side casting flange that the pinion wrap shock on an exploder bolts to, maybe you could build a slider that bolts to that? Not much to bolt to on the other side, though.

if you check out rcmans build thread he made on for his dana 60 that clamps on

Have Tim make you one, Chris.

Put an augur on the driveshaft. It'll pull itself over rocks. :gee:

Seriously though, there are the bolt holes on that side casting flange that the pinion wrap shock on an exploder bolts to, maybe you could build a slider that bolts to that? Not much to bolt to on the other side, though.
Yea I was looking at that earlier today, once I decide on a truss Ill see about making something.

just an idea, i saw in a JP issue where they suggest welding an old u bolt on an duse that as a yoke guard... looked like it would work at least in mild/moderate cases. not sure of the month but it wasnt more than 4 or 5 months ago. the article where they talked about the parts and kits to bring on the trail.

Back