• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Red Solo Cup"

mcguyver_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Love this site alot due to it having more heavily modified tech as compared to cherokeeforum.com (even though i love cherokeeforum) so decided to join my jeep isn't "hardcore" yet but as plans kick off its going towards that way...

Got it with 206k miles in need of lots of maintenance and some minor rust repair (holes in lower quarters, surface rust on roof and pinholes in rockers) for $750 4.0, AW4, NP242, HP d30, c8.25...
263834_2058772465741_1137536456_32310096_1921741_n.jpg

so i stripped the carpet, side molding, trim, rusted front bumper, flairs, and such then did maintenance on it (tune-up wheel bearings all around brakes all around cooling system a/c bypass pulley...) Then i slapped a Rusty's Offroad 4.5" lift kit on it and some super bald 31's...drove it for a bit mounted hi-lift under rear seat:
2011-11-11_151155.jpg

then i mounted a OR-Fab rear bumper i had from my old xj, got some 32's on 15x8's and in the pic you can see my cut and folded rear quarters...and jeep has no roof racks right now which looks really clean...
195.jpg

Last edited:
as of now i got a "modified" stock front bumper:
2012-02-04_162601.jpg

a Spectre Cowl Snorkel kit, 60mm bored throttle body, 4 hole injectors, RuffStuff rear diff cover, Warn diff skid front, Rusty's steering upgrade (beefier tie-rod and upper adjuster sleeve and a v8 zj drag link, rusty's track-bar/ drop mount/ and tracbar frame brace, stock gas tank skid, crown extended brake lines...

Waiting to go on it: new steerign gearbox, jcr steering box spacer, goferit tie rod flip insert (for drivers side), new power steering pump w/ psc pulley, dynomax cat-back exhaust slightly used, new axleshaft u joints, superior axle seals, lock rite front locker, rusty's long arm crossmember (need to buy long arms got the crossmember barely used for $30 cause buddy is using arms on his new tj), detours a-pillar light brackets...also future plans include doing a NV241OR / Rock-Trac t-case swap...or an Atlas and if i find parts or a cheap enough donor 5-speed swap and rear disc brake swap...

Last edited:
Toby Keith can DIAF. Other than that, looking like a good start.

Hey mcguyver, could you take a couple closeup pics of your trans tunnel and post them here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1078617

Doc Holiday is looking to put a rifle rack under his seat and was looking at something like your hi-lift setup.

whats up man, I'm right over the river in springfield. there arent too many people from western mass on here.

whats up...your with underground jeeps two of them work at spartan in west springfield i work for V&F in agawam (mechanic in morning parts driver in afternoon) and i deliver there occasionally

well found some slightly used brown dog super mounts so i bought them just looking for time to install, also found parts to rear disc swap waiting for them to arrive and install, and might have found a parts xj that is 5-speed so I am seeing a 5-speed swap in the future...

Haven't updated in awhile but i am currently rocking stock rims/tires cause my rims were rusty and crusty so i am re-doing them...finally got my brown dog super mounts in and what a difference definitely going to take some getting used to...still on the prowl for 5-speed parts xj and a np241or t-case for my plans but i might just do long arms while i am waiting....

Back