• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axle question?

Neil

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking in 4wheel Drive Hardware and they have a Superior axle listed for a wide and narrow track D30 axle for a CJ-7 ans CJ-8. Would either of these axles work in the XJ D30? The reason I ask is it's $199 complete with 760X joint, and it seems like a fairly inexpensive way to upgrade to a better shaft and joint.
Thanks,
Neil

CJ is going to be a passenger-side drop. I don't know if the lengths are the same or not, but might be handy to just check with Superior or 4WD. 4WD might have an unadvertised one for the XJ...

Neil said:
I was looking in 4wheel Drive Hardware and they have a Superior axle listed for a wide and narrow track D30 axle for a CJ-7 ans CJ-8. Would either of these axles work in the XJ D30? The reason I ask is it's $199 complete with 760X joint, and it seems like a fairly inexpensive way to upgrade to a better shaft and joint.
Thanks,
Neil

Superior has a kit for the Xj's and the TJ's, it costs about $400 per side. :(

I believe the CJ's have manual hubs and I know the knuckles are the same as the D44.

I don't know if the CJ kit be modified to work with and Xj D30. My guess you'll have to change the inner knuckles, and if you have to do that, then you might as well just do a D44.

Neil said:
Thanks,
Neil

Im selling my old upgraded shaft from my cherokee's dana 30. Payed $320 from Drive train direct, with 297X U-joints, and shafts. The passenger side shaft eliminated the shift motor and is much stronger then my stock setup with 260X Ujoints...

Im selling the shafts complete with joints for $175 you can have the whole dana 30 too or Ill toss it.... I have the oil seal needed to plug up the shift motor if you have that stile like mine. they also fit the newer Xjs. The shafts are not chromo..

let me know.

Pics:
http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1143

Back