• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food storage

terrehautian

NAXJA Forum User
Since I don't own a cooler or anything that can store food that needs to stay cold, will anyone have some space to store some food? Won't be much, Probably be bringing more dry food. Maybe some bacon, orange juice, and more bacon to contribute to the bacon stash.

Also, for the pot luck, if I premade some food that need to be heated up, will there be an over to warm it up in?

As for cooking, I can bring a electric griddle to cook eggs and bacon on if someone wants me to.

If its something precooked, and fairly solid, double wrap it in foil, and place it in between the intake runners, touching the exhaust manifold. Wah-la! warm food

Vast memories of manifold barritos during my early years trucking out west.

Double rap them in alum foil and laid them on the intake manifold of the Detriot. Got plenty hot to melt the cheese.

if you bring a bag of taters, just try and throw them in the door of Sean and Lars camper and tell them to cook them up :D

Cheese "double dog dare ya" Man

You're in the wrong hobby if you don't have a cooler.......hell i'm sure you know someone with a cooler, like everyone else in the world.....

what the hell do you keep the beer in!!!

i only have 2 coolers, one for beer and one for tomorrows beer

Duuuude...just think of the possibilities!!!

images

You could always bring some food that can be heated on your griddle. Put food in pot, put pot on griddle.

Last edited:
I was thinking about making some Mac n cheese before I left for WF for hte pot luck. At this point, guess I will jsut make cookies and bring granola bars. I don't own any coolers and have other things to purchase to get ready with what little spare money I will have by the time the event rolls around.

if you dont have a cooler to keep your food in, then bring a tall pole to hang the food from to keep it away from the BEARS!!!

Cheese "GRRRR!" Man

I was thinking about making some Mac n cheese before I left for WF for hte pot luck. At this point, guess I will jsut make cookies and bring granola bars. I don't own any coolers and have other things to purchase to get ready with what little spare money I will have by the time the event rolls around.

If you are attending the potluck, please post in that thread what you are bringing. We have a list going to avoid too many duplicates.

Susie

it will be cold enough anyways you probably wouldn't even need a cooler

my cooler will have to much vodka in it:greensmok

You can probably find coolers on clearance this time of year. To save on initial costs, I'd suggest a foam cooler (like $2?) but they obviously don't last very long. So, if you're going to do this more than once, go find a cheap-o somewhere. :)

I am goiung to look for a homless person with a shopping cart to be my ber toter from fire-to-fire this year...and even they usually have a cooler :D

Back