• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OH NO!!!

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
My mild tick ive had forever out of nowhere turmed into a knock today ( a kind of loud one)..

This is terrible i dont even care i have to get it rebuilt or swapped I do care that this was my first vacation in like 5 years and i just spent alot on the rig for skids and etc. (and registered 4 of us) and currently have it cut up doing a rocker replacement (that is costing way more than i thought)..

i dont trust it to make it home now and im not shure if even if i borroww a truck/trailer that its worth bringing down now. (Dont want to hold up the line if im not gonna make it)

Check the flywheel for cracks. Mine sounded like it was going to blow, but I had a 2 piece flywheel.

JIM.

Don't forget torque converter bolts.

FWIW, I drove a 4.0 for 3 months and 1200 miles with no oil pressure. It sounded like a cummins.

You might also quiet it down with some 20w50 if it's bearing noise.

check the flexplate and such as mentioned, fill the crankcase with some 15w40 rotella and run it.

Great !? now today i found out my dog has heartworms (he was on heartguard!?) and got a speeding ticket..

What a crappy 2 days

The only Cure for my blues was deciding that im coming to WF no matter what! I think im going to borrow a truck and rent a trailer (just in case)..

We will be investigating into the noise tonight thanks for the tips im going to try them all

^^That's good advice!

make sure there is bacon in the burrito.

Anyone got a spare 4.0 and a hoist they can bring? I would bring mine but can't check it as baggage on the plane. I'm down for a campground 4.0 swap if necessary.

get beer, lots of beer...and a burrito

well this may have to be my silver lining as I'm sitting on the side of the road wishing I had AAA (ill end up w a free tow from my bro but it'll be hours from now)..

now to see if I can't get a quick swap in pulled off.. If not it's camping fires and beer for me and mine

oh boy... bets on an 0331 head crack and associated bearing damage?

Back