• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Realign after installing adjustable LCA's?

stockli

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about putting adjustable LCA's on my rig and I am curious if I really need to get it aligned after install.

Im running 3" lift and had it aligned after the lift back in June.

I want the LCA's to move the axle back to the right spot and to get a little better flex out the the suspension. I know many dont think its necessary on a 3" lift but I really would like the extra beef up front.

LCA's affect pinion angle and caster. You can check the toe yourself with a tape measure, but shouldn't affect it.

Caster should be set between 5.25 and 8.5 degrees positive. Top layed back. Those are factory specs on caster I think 7 degrees is ideal.

How easy is it to change the caster?

Should only be a function of the length to the CA's upper and lower right?

I assume I wont need new uppers until 4.5", is this correct?

"---
I want the LCA's to move the axle back to the right spot and to get a little better flex out the the suspension. ---.

If you change the position of the axle by changing the length of only one set of control arms (uppers, or lowers only), you will change castor and pinion angle. Extending the LCA's without extending the UCA's will increase castor and rotate your pinion downward.

I thought about doing the same thing, installing LCA's on my 3" lift, but I heard that my front driveshaft wouldn't fit anymore.

If you change the position of the axle by changing the length of only one set of control arms (uppers, or lowers only), you will change castor and pinion angle. Extending the LCA's without extending the UCA's will increase castor and rotate your pinion downward.

It should still be in spec?

I know its recommended to change both but is it ok to just add the lowers on a 3 inch?

I thought about doing the same thing, installing LCA's on my 3" lift, but I heard that my front driveshaft wouldn't fit anymore.
If it does not fit, then there is something wrong.

It should still be in spec?

I know its recommended to change both but is it ok to just add the lowers on a 3 inch?
Yes, of the 3" lift kits that come with control arms, only lowers are included typically. For the most part stock uppers are good up to ~4.5"
Adjustable uppers help you set the pinion angle, but not usually necessary at 3"

Back