• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy factory color paint

smalltownbird

NAXJA Forum User
I want to fix some damage and repaint the door on my wj. It is patriot blue. Where besides the dealer is a good place to buy automotive paint in factory colors? I'll also be doing a full color change on my xj from red to maybe orange or yellow, the wj is just practice...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

For small projects the parts stors carry duplicolor that has most factory colors

Napa and Carquest in my town both mix paint to factory specs if you have the paint code. You might try calling around and seeing if any of your parts stores mix paint.

if you call around to local automotive paint stores you may be able to get them to mix it in a rattle can and you can get 2 stage or single stage i found a place by me that does this and i always prefer 2 stage over single stage as im not real good with a paint can LOL

Another option if you want professional results, is use spraymax primers and clear in conjunction with paintscratch's color coat. Spraymax makes catalyzed primers and 2k clears that turn out absolutely amazing. How glassy the clear cures is mind-boggling, you'd never guess it came out of a spray can.

Back