• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar brushguard?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
This has styling that makes me believe it may be a Mopar accessory, am i correct?

DSCF1269.jpg

That the MJ your son just bought?

If it is, I am extremely jealous. Looks great.

yes it is. a friend of mine as the same one on his 00 XJ

Thought so, it resembles the Liberty Renegade? light shrouding..

I wonder if that dates it, meaning it's too recent to have been factory installed on this 88 MJ.

That the MJ your son just bought?

If it is, I am extremely jealous. Looks great.

Thats it Ken, but thats an older pic from the seller. It does have some blemishes and a tad of rust. Heres a recent but terrible pic..

IMG_0490.jpg

I don't think it's made by MOPAR, but it was a dealer option. And no, definitely not in 1998 lol. I've seen a few in person and I would love to have one. There's a couple floating around online, but it seems everyone is missing the brackets. Nice score with the MJ!

they pop up for sale now and then, there are chrome and painted versions, with and without built in fog lights. they are MOPAR.
the one i bought was bent and missing the brackets, i made some that attached to tow hook brackets. used it for a few years and sold it for more then i paid.
this was on a 92 XJ

This is the one that was on my 92 MJ when I bought it. I believe it was factory installed. It wrapped around the front corners.

IMG_3791.jpg

Back