• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new tranny mount looks bent?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Went to napa and bought a new tranny mount for my 89(ax15 converted from ba 10/5)
While looking at the mount with the four studs pointing down it looks like that part sits at an angle compared to the upper part that mounts to the tranny.Is this right?is this to allow for the downward angle of the tranny?i went to oreillys and looked at one of their mounts and it appears the same.i initially thought that the one i got from napa was a reject that bent after the rubber cooled after it came out of the mold but now im wondering if this is how these mounts are supposed to be after looking at the orriellys mount and theorize that it is for proper driveline geometry????

Did you get the tranny mount for an 89 XJ BA or did you get the correct tranny mount for the AX15? I rarely trust the person behind the counter that's just punching info into the computer.

Back