• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EJS 2012

I'll be there 5-8th probably will be camping in the Sand flats rec area. trails are pending on buddys zuki samurai if its done or not and can wheel without fail.

Maybe kane creek, hells revenge, fins & things, and maybe a trail I have not done yet hard to say.

Not sure what my rig will be capable of on that note.

Any suggestions on trails for what I should completed by then have done by then?

new upgrades/work been done since I've last gone wheelin are:

4.56 gears and a powertrax no slip rear
4.56 front
Trans mount
Intake manifold gasket

Things to be done before Moab:

31" to 35" inch tire upgrade used bfgs sigh. Wanted those Goodyear MT-Rs
Wheel well and stock flair trimming.
Upper control arms adj to fix my pinion angle front
Fix pinion angle rear (new perches)
2 more inches of lift. 6.5 total
Trac bar
Maintenance services
Whatever else I run into before then

Good thing I got plenty of time to work on the old heep, now that I have every day off work till the unforeseen future.

BFG AT's are just about the best tire you can have in Moab.

I have some with 6-7/32nds of tread we will see how well I like them. Ive had 31" Bridgestone dueler A/T Revo since I put on my lift 3 years ago they only got 5/32nds left sure they cant be worse.

This is our trip report from last year. We had a blast running the trails we did but know that we only did a very little portion of the trails in and around Moab.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1061349

These are the trails we ran.
Fins and Things (shake down run)
Behind the Rocks
part of "Triple Trail" ie: Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim
Moab Rim
Kane Creek
Pritchett Canyon
Went out to Area BFE to play for the day on misc trails

It was a blast. You guys are so much closer than we are so I'm probably over excited. But this year I'm taking my rig and can't wait. We plan on running some of the trails we did last year but we are also going to run some new ones. We are also planning on spending more time on the trails then in town. Last year we spent the last couple days in town at the vender show and stuff for multiple reasons. This year I want to wheel, because that's what I'm driving 1000 miles to do. I hope we can meet up if you’re interested I think that would be fun. Sorry for the rant.

Last year we spent the last couple days in town at the vender show and stuff for multiple reasons. This year I want to wheel, because that's what I'm driving 1000 miles to do. I hope we can meet up if you’re interested I think that would be fun.
x2!

Just an update we are planning on running Goldenspike on Tuesday if you interested in running a trail with the RR4W. It cost $50 per trail but it's worth it. You get to go to the Quadratec BBQ for free dinner, you get a raffle ticket for the awsome raffle, and you get to support the RR4W in the quest to keep MOAB open to the public. They are a key factor in keeping it open and if you run out there I feel it's a good idea to support them. So our whole group is paying for one day to help support it. That is $450 in there pocket I think that is awsome. Let me know if you want to run with us and I can work something out with you to get you on the list.

I will be in Moab from Sunday April 1st unitil Monday April 9th. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be there alone running trails with Red Rock. I signed up to do Cliffhanger on Monday, Moab Rim on Tuesday and Behind the Rocks on Wednesday. I am sure I could change this a little if I need too. I have not signed up yet but want to do Pritchett Canyon on Saturday.

On Wednesday afternoon my friends will arrive in town and leave on Sunday. I will probably stay and drive home Monday. I would love to get together with anyone that is going.

I will be there with this Cherokee; 6 1/2 inch long arm, 35 inch tires, winch, ARB lockers front and rear, 4.88, rear axle is a Ford 8.8 and the front is a TJ Dana 44. I would love to do something really hard. Drop me a message and I will pass on my number.

417733_3151711913405_1283356867_33355394_1627291905_n.jpg

Just an update we are planning on running Goldenspike on Tuesday if you interested in running a trail with the RR4W. It cost $50 per trail but it's worth it.

I just looked on RR4W and it looks like Golden Spike is no longer available on Tuesday. :(

We moved it to Sunday because Tuesday is full. I just signed everyone up tonight and have 7 rigs in my group going 3 of which are XJ's. You’re more than welcome to join us. We are a good group of people ranging in age from 28 to 55+ but most of us are hard core wheelers that will do just about anything that Moab will through at us. I will know more about what else we are going to run on March 12th. That is when we have our next meeting. I think we are going to run Pritchett on Wed or Friday. Other than that we are going to run Kane Creek so the ladies have a day they can drive, and we are also want to run Hell's Revenge. Other than that it will all be hammered out on the 12th. We will plan a day to meet up even if its just for dinner or something I think it would be cool.

I have a 98 XJ the same color as yours. It has a narrowed Dana 44Hp up front with an Ox Locker and a XJ Dana 44 Rear with an arb. Both filled with 4.56 gears. It has 35in tires, a 4 to 1 terra low kit with 2low with lots of other goodies. If we don't catch up we usually run on Channel 4 and I go by Iceman on the CB also. If you see me just give me a shout. Let me know what day/night works best for you and I will make sure it gets put on the calendar.

Sweet. I'd love to meet up and do some trails. I have a whole week of trails lined up. I will plan on joining you for Golden Spike on Sunday. I don't have that trail scheduled. I will send you my number in a message.

I will be in Moab from April 8th to the 14th. My wife and I are looking to find someone to wheel with. If you are interest please PM me.

Thanks,
Tom

I am going to be there the @nd to the 11th. Would love to run a trail with some other NAXJA guys. What are peoples plans?

I am going to be there the @nd to the 11th. Would love to run a trail with some other NAXJA guys. What are peoples plans?

If you would like to hook when we are there please send me a PM and we can exchange contact information. We will do anything from mild to hard trails. Normally we take out a group of 4-6 rigs and we would be the guides for the week. We stopped for the last couple of years due to me and my wife loosing our jobs. We both are doing well again but we this was short notice so we decided to go by ourselves anyway. Let me knwo if you or anyone want to do any of the trails out in Moab and we will work it in.

My neighbor said that there is a fee associated with running a trail during EJS. Is that true? I've never been to Moab, but I wouldn't think that they'd charge you to get on a trail?

My neighbor said that there is a fee associated with running a trail during EJS. Is that true? I've never been to Moab, but I wouldn't think that they'd charge you to get on a trail?

To go on a guided trail with the red rock group that actually organizes Easter jeep safari. Yes $50 a trail with registration. But you can get their trail schedule and hit any one of the trails that they run before or after they run it that day. I had zero issues last year!

I will be in Moab from Sunday April 1st unitil Monday April 9th. Its looking good for me to go down as early as Saturday the 31st of March and join Iceman on Golden Spike. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be there alone running trails with Red Rock. I signed up to do Cliffhanger on Monday, Moab Rim on Tuesday and Behind the Rocks on Wednesday. I have friends coming down Wednesday evening. I do not have trail plans. I will join them for trails. I am also scheduled for Pritchett Canyon on Big Saturday.

Drop me a PM and I will get you my number.

George

Wow guy's I'm glad so many people are going out to Moab for EJS. I am going with another club from my area with 7 maybe 8 rigs. But I would like to also get together with some NAXJA guy's just to meet and say Hi. I will have a date on the 14th with what night works for us. Is anyone interested in doing a little meet and greet while you’re there? The only trail we are running with the Red Rock guy's is Golden Spike. Just to support their efforts to keep Moab open for all of us to use. After that everyone in the group gets a day to choose what the group is going to run. We are planning this all on Tuesday night the 13th at our meeting. I will post the trails we are running here and anyone is more than welcome to come with us. I will warn you that the group I am going with does not drink while there on the trail and don’t condone it (if you do that your personal choice they just prefer you don't wheel with them.) I would like to at least get together one night for a meet and greet. Post up and let me know if you’re interested, and/or want to go on some of our runs with us. I'm so excited to finally get my rig down there. I have been but only as a passenger.

Back