• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spare tire?

davidson99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well i was planning on buying a tire carrier and putting it on at WF. Well that's not gonna happen. Don't really have a place to put a spare so how would it be to just strap it to the factory luggage rack? This would be just for on the trails. It would ride inside on the way to and from the event. Btw im running 33s

Who are you riding with?

You may find someone that has space for it (like me)
or you might just want to get in touch with your trail leader and ask if it's alright that you leave the spare at the campground.
Or work out a deal with someone that has the same tire size and "share a spare" on the trail and just swap them back at the campground.

from the requirements thread
Rev Den said:
In response to a couple of spare tire questions:

For the Badlands, you are not required to have a spare tire ON your rig. You must have a plan to get off the trail if you have a flat.

This exception applies only to this event, at this location, this time.

Rev

I wouldn't worry about it. We'll figure something out.

Ok awesome. Well I have all new tires so hopefully i wont need a spare. It would call for a bad day if I pop a new tire

I'm running the 2nd group of Green trail, I'm sure there's more than you running green with 33s, so don't be overly concerned, we'll get it finalized at tech spec/line-up...

Back