• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 8.25 zj rear disc conversion parts

Pz10420

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I'd ask and see if anyone on here has any of the parts for this lying around that you wanna get rid of before I head to the jy. Let me know what ya got.
Thanks
Pete

Dunno if the ZJ ever came /w the 8.25. I think it was only D35 and aluminum D44. Im pretty sure you will need to get the backing plates from a D35 and mill some material out of the center of them to make them fit an 8.25... If I am wrong, please correct me people!(and point me to a set of backing plates as well so I can bolt up my ZJ disks I had on my D35!!!)

I also added a Dakota 1 1/8 bore master cylinder and removed the rubber o ring from the proportioning valve.
I like the feel and they work great.

Dunno if the ZJ ever came /w the 8.25. I think it was only D35 and aluminum D44. Im pretty sure you will need to get the backing plates from a D35 and mill some material out of the center of them to make them fit an 8.25... If I am wrong, please correct me people!(and point me to a set of backing plates as well so I can bolt up my ZJ disks I had on my D35!!!)

I think your right that zjs never came with the 8.25 but like you said with a little bit of work it will work on an Xj 8.25.

Has anyone in the Denver area been to any of the junkyards lately? If so, how sloppy are they right now and what one do you think I would have the best luck at finding what I need and not get raped price wise?

I ran through one after work tonight: mud, puddles of water, ice and snow. With any luck at all, it will all be frozen hard in the morning. :)

Wear extra layers, bring a small tarp to put on the ground and keep you dry.

The self serve yards seem to have a lot of ZJs, but I haven't been scouting for brake parts.

Has anyone in the Denver area been to any of the junkyards lately? If so, how sloppy are they right now and what one do you think I would have the best luck at finding what I need and not get raped price wise?

I hit em all today, nasty and wet all over the place...........*insert random dirty joke about nasty and wet*

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably wait another week or two while I decide if I wanna swap out 27 spline for 29 spline shafts.

I saw a sweet setup at the U pull and pay down in Albuquerque, but my ride's in pieces so I can't get to the yard. But if you know someone down there that can get it, it should work. It's on a green 97 zj, I think. Calpiers, rotors, the shields, e-brake pieces, the whole thing. That was last Sunday. Hope that helps!

Back