• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and D30 CAD axle?

wildcat-xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 89 with d30 cad axle. if i put this kit in is it not gonna engage the cad motor? that's what it sounds like from the warning note. of all the research i've done this is the first time i have read this.

Warning:
Some early NP231 produced from 1987 – 1990 have the vacuum switch for the front axle disconnect housed in the rear output shaft housing. This kit is supplied with a new housing that does not allow for the vacuum switch to be reused for this applications. It will be necessary to purchase a cable operated disconnect manufactured by 4x4 Posi-Lock or replace the front passenger side axles with later solid axle shafts.

thanks

there are sye kits that allow for the vacuum disconnect to work properly. i think currie might be one, thats what i have.

my advance adapters will allow you to use the vacuum switch.just mod the vacuum motor on the axle to where its always engaged. did this on mine before i swapped axles. never had a problem from that. if it was so great, they wouldnt have went to a 1 piece.

Back