• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caravan from Wisconsin on Thursday

vt98xj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Figured this might be a good idea instead of everyone traveling by themselves.

Figured a good meeting place would be just south of Milwaukee or the Wi/Il boarder on 94 but open to suggestions.

we should be hitting 294 South and I-88 at 10am or so.

BOB

we are leaving Racine County area at 11AM on thursday. right now its just me and gf driving down so it would be cool to convoy with someone.

I will be leaving River Falls, depending on work, either late Wed night, or early Thursday morning (6-7ish am)... I usually don't make meet ups cause its a 10ish hour drive not counting gas-stops...

I'm in Madison and figured it made way more sense for me to skip all the big cities and drive down 39/51 to Normal and across 74. But if there is a caravan id rather tag along, would be more fun/interesting.

I'm in for wherever and whenever.

Mike

I'd have to leave at 3:30-4am Thursday morning to meet Bob by 10...
4-5:30am to meet Wade...

I usually take I-90 south of Madison to Rockford then 39 to Bloomington and East on 74 to Attica... I don't like going through Chicago-land much but could be swayed differently...

99SJ 'Never gets to convoy' Ex

I'm in Madison and figured it made way more sense for me to skip all the big cities and drive down 39/51 to Normal and across 74. But if there is a caravan id rather tag along, would be more fun/interesting.

I'm in for wherever and whenever.

Mike

What day are you leaving?
We live off of I-39 exit 4 and will be leaving Thursday noonish.
That is the route we take.

What day are you leaving?
We live off of I-39 exit 4 and will be leaving Thursday noonish.
That is the route we take.

I was planning on leaving Thursday, other than that I have no plans. I'm all for cruising down 39 together instead of going through Milwaukee and Chicago. I might stop in Normal because I went to college at ISU and want to say hi to some old pals. Ill pm you my contact info and we can figure it out when the time gets a little closer.

Mike

my departure time is not set in stone. im willing to leaving whenever, just dont want to go through shitcago during peak traffic times. actually i dont like going through chicago at anytime for that matter.

JEEPS and I will be heading out on Thursday. We're shooting for the a.m. but nothing is iron clad until closer to the date. We always go 39 to 74.

I'd need a loan just to pay the tolls going thru chitcago!!

Tag-a-longs are welcome

I think we should start our own 3974 caravan, there seems to be enough interest from at least 5 or 6 people. Maybe meet somewhere near the state line? What time?

3974 adds another 1.5 hours, I'll take the chance of going thru Chicago mid-day

let me know when you plan on leaving. thats the way we take.

Do you guys go 94>294>57 or 94>65?

I'd be willing to meet up, I would like to get to Badland's before dark to set-up the tent and make it to Robbies for dinner.

we take 294 South to 80 West

80 West to 394 South.

394 South through Beecher and it takes you to 41 South.

41 South straight to Attica.

This is an easy direct route we like to take.
A lot less traffic lights and good roads for towing a trailer.

BOB

3974 adds another 1.5 hours, I'll take the chance of going thru Chicago mid-day

Do you guys go 94>294>57 or 94>65?

I'd be willing to meet up, I would like to get to Badland's before dark to set-up the tent and make it to Robbies for dinner.

94>294>41 is what i usually take. yeah the north side of 41 is horrid, but its manageable.

we take 294 South to 80 West

80 West to 394 South.

394 South through Beecher and it takes you to 41 South.

41 South straight to Attica.

This is an easy direct route we like to take.
A lot less traffic lights and good roads for towing a trailer.

BOB

see i tried that once a few years back and ended up taking some crap road east until i hit 41. do you take it all the way down to Kentland and hit 41 there?

Back