• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remove renix dana 30 carrier?

ferntr33

NAXJA Forum User
I can't get my carrier out. Why can't I? I removed both sides of the axle shafts, is there a middle cause it looks like both shafts are the same length but obviously the pumpkin in on the drivers side so the passenger should be longer?

Getting the carrier out can be fun. If you do some reading, some guys put a rag in and rotate the pinion and that forces it out. I have a couple of pry bars that fit perfectly so as to press the carrier out. On some carriers such as a Dana 44, you actually use a tool called a case spreader to make it easier to get out.

good guess. my cad was still in. no wonder why after hitting my carrier for 6 hours nothing really happened. I popped the pin out of the carrier and slid the center axle through the end sticking my hand in the vacuum motor hole. . .

now off to parts store to get some new seals cause I figure I messed them all up :D

getting the carrier out was a piece of cake. I took all 4 wheels off and put it in 4 low and stuck a few rags in at idle speed. granted I did this before I took the CAD out. . . but after I got the rag shrapnel out it was a few pops rather lightly and it came out . . .

Hate/Love relationship with this XJ so far.

Back