• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Male to Male brake line unions

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Brake line unions

Anyone know where I can find some of these? Apparently they aren't worth carrying in stores.

3/8"-24 Thread
HU23.jpg

Re: Male to Male unions

try the bay area.

all joking aside, that's not the standard on an XJ (double invert flare, i.e. a female thread with the male flare shown above down inside it, plus a male threaded flare nut that goes on the tube) or much of anything else, which is why you're going to have trouble finding it. I can't even find em on Summit :(

Here's the standard stuff, AZ/NAPA/CAP all have em in-store:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL50130/ unions
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL50110/ nuts

Any speed shop or fluid power shop should have them. I know that both Earl's and Russel makes them, although I usually end up going to Royal Brass (local Parker-Hannifin dealer.) Why? I prefer forged steel over anodised aluminum alloy...

try the bay area.

all joking aside, that's not the standard on an XJ (double invert flare, i.e. a female thread with the male flare shown above down inside it, plus a male threaded flare nut that goes on the tube) or much of anything else, which is why you're going to have trouble finding it. I can't even find em on Summit :(

Here's the standard stuff, AZ/NAPA/CAP all have em in-store:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL50130/ unions
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL50110/ nuts

Are you trying to tell me there's only female on female unions????
Don't get me wrong I definitely like that kind of union but my problem is my stainless line is female on both sides and one side has to go to a T block that's female on all sides.

Any speed shop or fluid power shop should have them. I know that both Earl's and Russel makes them, although I usually end up going to Royal Brass (local Parker-Hannifin dealer.) Why? I prefer forged steel over anodised aluminum alloy...

Thanks 5-90 I know this kind of thing is really hit or miss Hell I did a lot of missing just trying to find normal flare nuts. I guess I'll make some calls but they might hang up if I ask for male unions. :)

I thought about saying male on male unions. While not too far from being legitimate words to describe it, I figured it'd be pushing it. lol

I had a joke about them not being legal in most states but ill just keep it as im def. not the first to the punch.

I think i had to order more than i needed to get them last time if i can find them in the mess i call a garage ill mail em to ya .

i think i got them from Earls , or airridefittings.com , or jegs
Also a local hot rod shop might have them one here actually has there own brand of fittings and will cut ones for you if they dont have what you want. (i guess alot like Earls)

Last edited:

You have a Grainger's local?

I had a joke about them not being legal in most states but ill just keep it as im def. not the first to the punch.

I think i had to order more than i needed to get them last time if i can find them in the mess i call a garage ill mail em to ya .

i think i got them from Earls , or airridefittings.com , or jegs
Also a local hot rod shop might have them one here actually has there own brand of fittings and will cut ones for you if they dont have what you want. (i guess alot like Earls)
Thanks, I'll take a look.

You have a Grainger's local?
Nope
Try your local propane dealer....that looks like something they would use to join copper pipe together.
3/16 is pretty small for propane line I'd think. I don't know if they use double flare or the angle they use, would have to ask hank.

I have should have em in stock in my NAPA store but I'm a not exactly on your way home from work :D

That looks like an AN union
Could be but the picture is just a reference
I have should have em in stock in my NAPA store but I'm a not exactly on your way home from work :D
En route! lol, I went to a NAPA and they only had a few misc fittings and said they weren't ordering more. I don't know why seems like a NAPA thing to me.

we have a full rack of weatherhead fittings, I can see how a store who doesn't sell much of them would avoid ordering it though - some of them can get pretty pricey.

Understandable but when I think random uncommon thing I think NAPA for some reason. Usually when I can't find something I find it there.

I went to the new NAPA in town. The guy was a complete douche and they didn't have it. Not going there again. He kept bitching because I "didn't bring a sample" even though I had all of the measurements. Basically he was being a vagina because he didn't want to look.

How the hell were you supposed to bring a sample if you can't find one?

I usually make them tell me where they keep them and look myself...

How the hell were you supposed to bring a sample if you can't find one?

I usually make them tell me where they keep them and look myself...
I guess I could of drawn him a picture but I draw like a 5 year old.
I went with him to look but he hung around. I don't look trust worthy in my NAXJA sweater :eyes:

Try Fasenal the company I work for makes them in male to male, female to male and about any other combo and sells through Fasenal. (I prob miss spelled that)

Back