• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spicer joint failure

werewoulf3

NAXJA Forum User
well it started squeeking, took the front driveshaft out and found out the spicer joint was bad and exposed.......im looking to upgrade.....any ideas?

greasable spicers...
IMG_20120123_173138.jpg

This might be a stupid question but how do the zerks in the pics above work I couldn't get a grease gun on them. Is there a special gun for that style zerk? I'm only familiar with the nipple looking type. And with the Centering ball posted above.... Does it come with the rubber boot thing? I checked rock auto way cheaper than summit. Thanks also where's the best place to buy the spicer u joints. Are they all the same in the front shafts. I assume 1310.

yes, they are needle type zerks, you need a needle type grease gun fitting to fill them.

I also just found precision 617. What's the difference between the 2? Rock automdoesnt show more than just a lousy pic for info on them. Are there any good write ups for changing these parts? I've never messed with a cv shaft before.

Last edited:
angry sparrows

Back