• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget lift help.

timmy2000xj

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to this forum and don't have too much mechanical experience. I have a 2000 xj with a 4.5 inch rough country lift. I was looking into getting the rocky road 2 or 3 inch budget lift. Could I run this with my lift? Will I gain the 2 or 3 inches depending on the budget lift I choose? Thank you. -Tim

welcome.

first off, i dont think a budget lift is what you are imagining. they are meant for adding a small amount of lift to stock vehicles at a cheap price, hence the "budget" part. if you want more lift, itd be a good idea to identify what lift parts you do have first. then youll get all kinds of opinions on the "right" way to lift it more.

if you just got it, id have to ask the question... why do you see the need for more lift? what exactly is it that you are trying to remedy?

what size tire do you want to run? stay away from the rocky road shit, start trimmimg your fenders if you dont have the money to lift your rig properly

I was thinking I'd eventually want to run 35s which is why I wanted to get the rocky road budget lift. This biggest I could probably go with the 4.5 inch lift are 33s and that if I cut the fenders.

I was thinking I'd eventually want to run 35s which is why I wanted to get the rocky road budget lift. This biggest I could probably go with the 4.5 inch lift are 33s and that if I cut the fenders.
you can easily do 35's, hell im clearing 38's with just a touch over 5", id get some shackles for the rear if your kit didnt come with em or some shackle relocation brackets if it did, for the frt get some .75" spacers, also look into a new trackbar and control arm drop brackets, or simply just stay with your current lift and do 33's

My kit came with shackles. I don't know what size they are. I'm pretty much in the blind. I have a rough country 4.5 inch lift kit on the xj already.

id stick with what ya got and 33's, have you regeared the axles yet?

Back