• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what else is in your garage?

moneypit_k5

NAXJA Forum User
besides the jeeps, what other addictions you have in your garage?

Myself, I spend alot of time on my bike. My wife and I take about a month every year and tour the states, camping off the bike and seeing americas slower roads.

IMG_3570.jpg

We also kayak as much as we can.

DSCF1133.jpg

I don't really have any other things that we do besides jeeps and hunting. But I don't think I have ever shown off the other jeep.

This is my 2 year old Daughters Willy's. It's a 1951 two wheel drive Willy’s Wagon. It has the L-134 motor in it with the Planar Suspension. It is a work in progress before we got picked it up it sat for 20 years. Before that it was painted so it could be put in a movie, and before that it sat for 20 more years. I paid $1000 bucks for it then put $800 into it in parts. Then we drove it 200 miles to the beach for Rod Run. What blast! The plans are to put a Ford 5.0l mustang motor in it and completely make it a show rig. Then give it to my daughter that loves it right now we will see when she's 16 if she still does

WILLYS1.jpg

WILLYS4.jpg

WILLYS3.jpg

WILLYS2.jpg

4c163959-3bee-feac.jpg

This thing. I'm about to powder coat the wheels black and do a resonator delete so the exhaust has a bit of noise and rumble to it. Not a lot, just enough to hear it. There's a write up on a build your own short throw kit for it using factory parts, so I'll get around to that eventually. I just put a set of non studded snows on it for the rest of winter, then I have a brand new set of summers to go on when the weather stays above 40. Not a ton of power as its just a 328i but the handling on this thing is great. And it's not exactly a slouch either, so it helps make it fun.

Since I've got it I've put tint and new trim in it to get away from that god awful wood trim. Now it's got silver. Much better

Use to have a scamp just like that one only mine was green, like my Cherokee. Mine had a 318, and a nasty passengers side, I mean destroyed.

Not sure how to post a pic on here, but I have a couple Harley's in the garage keeping my XJ company. With all the trail closures and such here in NW Washington I find it easier to enjoy my motorcycles on a sunny day than my Jeep.

Dam what are you doing with NAXJAs money!!!! I like it way better that your BMW.
Its got a HEMI right?

haha. thanks, i like it better too. its definitely more me than the bmw was. and yep, 5.7L HEMI. 376hp & 410tq. not super quick cause its a 2 ton car, but its fun to drive. the previous owner lowered it and put a sway bar on it so it rides a little nicer/firmer than a stock one.

i have a -3 cummins ram
20120121155509578.jpg

86 honda xr 600 r (for sale)
imag0399p.jpg

and a 79 plymouth trailduster getting a cummins swap.
picture003id6.jpg

Beer stuff. I like to brew and drink, and drink while I brew.
PS, if anyone has some of those kegs pictured, I'd be happy to trade some handcrafted beer for them. :)
d0362085-09a7-076f.jpg

d0362085-09f0-3d04.jpg

d0362085-0a4c-822e.jpg

d0362085-0a74-8de2.jpg

d0362085-0ac7-62ab.jpg

d0362085-0afd-ac5e.jpg

Back