• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo Plug

jbsjunk

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be doing a SYE kit soon and am getting things together. I got the speed sensor and gear but am coming up blank for the plug so it can be wired. My 86 XJ has a mechanical speedo and am going to run a aftermarket electronic speedo.

My question is, does anyone know what plug is needed to wire this thing? The pins in the sensor are round, not spades and tore the book apart at the parts store trying to find something that works, coming up empty. The numbers on the sensor are 825 which is stamped and 47810 which is cast in the piece.

Speedo2.jpg

Speedo1.jpg

The XJ this came from has long since hit the scrapper. Any ideas or am I stuck going to the junk yard and clip one?

Thanks for any help.

Why not run your cable set-up?

you may have to go junk yard hunting. that fits all sorts of chrysler and dodge products. if you buy a speed sensor from the dealer and sometimes aftermarket you get a new style sensore with the new style flat pin connector.

if you buy a speed sensor from the dealer and sometimes aftermarket you get a new style sensore with the new style flat pin connector.

I discovered that last night. When things get updated, the wiring changes which is why you get a new plug with the sender. I come across this in a lot of things, mainly GM fuel pump pods.

I'm going to end up getting a new sensor with the plug and be done.

Thanks for the replies.

Back