• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I searched.. Are there any "kits" for JK axles to go under an XJ?

Voteban

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for the last 10min (I know, one of you can find it in 30sec :)) - I think I've seen this at one point or another - Is there a truss / bracket kit that's pre-fabbed to be welded onto a JK Dana 44, setting it up for an XJ?

At some point in the next year I want to put JK 44s under my XJ, it's just a matter of finding the right deal, I've seen them sell as low as $1200 for a pair of JK Rubi 44s.

In conclusion, does anybody have a link to weld on brackets / trusses to set up JK 44s (front and rear) for my XJ in the most no-brainer way possible? I could fab up a truss / brackets, but I'm lazy.

Thanks in advance! :peace:

Cool, I'm looking at the TnT stuff now, are there any threads with solid tech on swapping the axles into an XJ? I'm curious as to how they set up steering and the track bar. Is it possible to retain the factory steering (JK factory, I know our wimpy XJ stuff wouldn't work) until I can save up more dough to throw in OTK, etc?

It looks like I'd want to use:

Front:
http://www.tntcustoms.com/fronttruss-jkd44wheninstallingintoatjljxjzjmj.aspx

Rear:
http://www.tntcustoms.com/rearaxletruss-jkd44toatjlj.aspx

I know on the rear I wouldn't need any of the optional mounts because I would just need to order spring perches separately and shock mounts are easy to make.

On the front, I know I'd want the UCA mounts and LCA mounts, but do I need to add the HD coil buckets or will it come with "regular" coil buckets? And for the track-bar mount would the OTK or Crossover be better? What's the difference?

Edit: would the anti-sway bar mounts get in the way of steering? I like running an anti-sway bar on the street, but I could deal without one.

why not save some serious dough and get it all from ruffstuff

why not save some serious dough and get it all from ruffstuff

That sounds like a great idea if they have everything I need.

I found some spring perches and trusses, but no "kit" like I'm after. Their site is nice, but I'm not the best at navigating it..

Last edited:
Wow, that's a really good deal, I would definitely buy a set for that. I've never seen them priced that low around here.

I know! I wish I had the cash when I saw them go up for sale. They're usually closer to $2000 a pair stock and up to $3000 a pair modified. It's all about waiting for that deal. Or calling all the local tow places to try to find a wrecked Rubicon that has unclaimed axles, lol.

IIRC, the front JK D44 a D44/D30 hybrid? Seems like a lot of $$$ for something that has some of the weakness of a D30. You could probably find/build a D30 for cheaper.
COil buckets would definitely need to be changed as the JK springs are different than XJ, unless you find a way to use JK springs on the XJ.

the jk axle is actually a good upgrade for an xj or tj. there r&p is bigger than traditional d30 and they are 32 spline shafts already. yeah they have a unit bearing but all in all if you put the tnt truss on it it will be beef.

my buddy ran 42s on his jk axles.

I am just finishing up my JK axle swap. I didn't buy a kit for the front or the back. I used my 8.25 leaf perches for the rear. Just cut them off and weld them on. For the front I am reusing the original JK brackets. Cutting them off and welding them back. I've had the rear swapped for a while but I am just about to finish up the front. Hopefully have it done by this weekend. Just waiting on the chromo shafts for the front to come in and finish fabricating my long arm brackets for the frame side. I am running 4.88s with 37x12.50x17 MTR kevlars. Oh and I ended up stretching the front about 2 or 3 inches. I bit of a stretch is needed because the pinion on the D44 is long than that of the D30.

that image shows a larger pinion... but says nothing for ring gear size.

maybe the teeth are larger with a "thicker" ring? diameter is the same as far as i know.

Same gear size different rotation. If you just look at the main shaft it's larger. They aren't called next gen 30s for no reason.

Back