• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with a 93 xj..

JTProuhet

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have a 93 xj with the 4.0 with 202k.. Several weeks ago I noticed that I was losing coolant.. And there was milky stuff on the bottom of the dipstick after about 600 miles on an oil change.. I know that the radiator has a small leak but the reservoir is going from full to add in about a week.. So at first I assumed a head gasket. I kinda had to put it on the back burner since I just has shoulder surgery. Well today I decided to do a block check and compression test on it.. Block cheaper checked out fine.. The checker fluid never turned a shade of color.. So I did the compression test.. Here's what I got..
#1 - 83psi
#2 - 84psi
#3 - 97psi
#4 - 95psi
#5 - 98psi
#6 - 96psi

I'm told that is supposed to be up around 120-150psi.. What do you all think is going on? Where is the coolant going? What's the milky substance? I only drive about 4 miles one way to work and I don't go on that long of trips that often so would condensation build up that fast? I'm clueless on this thing.. And ontop of it, I've only had it for about 3 months..

Back