• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96xj I6 auto transmision, into a 93xj

1990xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to finish up my 93 cherokees transmision and motor swap. I dropped a 96's motor and trans with 120,000miles into it. I changed the oil preassure sensor and the temp sensor at the back of the block top driver side. In doing so the gage in the dash slowly starts to peg out saying it is over heating. The electric fan kicks on but only after it has pegged on the hot side.

Another question I have is there a way to fix the cable from the transmision to the throttle body without replacing the entire cable? sometime during the swap (prob when removing the motor from the 96) the plastic end broke. I cliped off one from a salvage yard. I am hoping wrather then drop the pan on the transmision I could kink the wire end with someithing? any thoughts I would appreciate!!!

Did you replace the T-stat and waterpump while you had the new motor out... if not.. you are gonna be kicking yourself

as long as you have the correct sender plugged for the cluster the readings should be correct

Back