• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

McNeil Racing products

vegte44

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone has ever used the fiberglass fenders from McNeil racing. Wondering about the overall fit and quality. Seems like the prices are too good to be true.

ive got them on my 94. fiberglass quality seems pretty stout, no cracks yet and ive been through so heavy brush with it. i do have to say the fit is pretty crappy though. for $350 the lines for the hood are out about 1/4in front to back, which is due to one of the fenders is almost 1/2in longer than the other. where it meets the A piller, none of the lines even come close, have a huge gap between cowl and fender by the a piller. door jams are way off and both fenders bulge out a 1/4in or so past the doors around the middle of the fender.
if i had to do it again i wouldnt waste my money on baja fenders from them. not sure if the ones from rustys are any better but after a week worth of fitting mine up they still look like shit up close. just too lazy to change them back.

Well I feel that off road fenders from such a company aren't going to fit like factory because they are more function over form. Weight savings and tire coverage. Not factory like fit and lines. But I can understand that them being so different on each side is a problem

ive got them on my 94. fiberglass quality seems pretty stout, no cracks yet and ive been through so heavy brush with it. i do have to say the fit is pretty crappy though. for $350 the lines for the hood are out about 1/4in front to back, which is due to one of the fenders is almost 1/2in longer than the other. where it meets the A piller, none of the lines even come close, have a huge gap between cowl and fender by the a piller. door jams are way off and both fenders bulge out a 1/4in or so past the doors around the middle of the fender.
if i had to do it again i wouldnt waste my money on baja fenders from them. not sure if the ones from rustys are any better but after a week worth of fitting mine up they still look like shit up close. just too lazy to change them back.

Properly done glassfibre parts should fit every bit as well as the factory parts.

What is being reported here smacks of lousy pre-production Engineering. It takes no more effort to make them right than it does to just make them functional. A complete lack of professionalism in my opinion.

glass fenders are made to get broken and replaced between races. hannemans fit the same way unless you really work at it to get them to line up.

Fiberglass fenders are for people who dont care about a body line potentially being out of square... theyre not designed to be perfect, and they make no claim to be. If thats not what you want, DONT BUY THEM, nobody is trying to force you either!

Theres a reason why jeep people install their own glass, while import car owners have their body kits installed by body shops...

Some of the jeepspeed fiberglass fenders are made in tijuana, with motor oil used instead of PVA, and thats fine with me!

Properly done glassfibre parts should fit every bit as well as the factory parts.

What is being reported here smacks of lousy pre-production Engineering. It takes no more effort to make them right than it does to just make them functional. A complete lack of professionalism in my opinion.

Did you read this in a book? Must be true then? LOL
As i said, these products are designed for racing, they are 'properly done', and they didnt read the same book as you!

We run the Tundra 1 piece from McNeil and I have to say that out of most of the fiberglass company's theirs fit the best. Hannaman would be the only other brand I would buy but they don't make a 1 piece for my race truck unfortunately.

Back