• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MPG overhead display correct with 35's?

Where did you get an overhead mpg gauge? If its reading worse than your getting, it would be around 6

Install the correct speedometer gear in your t/c for 35's and your gear ratio. This will correct your mpg and odometer. You are putting more miles on it now.

well at least I am getting beter then it shows lol, cause its showing 6mpg going uphill, but average of 18mpg going down the highway, so better then that is always good lol

actually... shouldn't you be getting worse than what it shows, since you are putting more miles on the ODO than you have actually traveled...

actually... shouldn't you be getting worse than what it shows, since you are putting more miles on the ODO than you have actually traveled...
No it's the other way around. Bigger tires means the drive train rotates less for the actual miles driven. Which means your speedo will read you're going slower than you actually are. There fore your ODO will read less miles than you actually traveled. You could use a GPS app for your smart phone to keep a tally of actual miles driven for a tank of gas, and use that to calculate your mileage.

Id have to look at the code (if there is one), but I am pretty sure I am running 3.55's

and according to the MPG display thats what I am getting

the jeep is not to bad on take off either, Im not sure if the PO had gears installed or not, is there a simply way to find out besides removing the diff cover and doing whatever is involved

Id have to look at the code (if there is one), but I am pretty sure I am running 3.55's

and according to the MPG display thats what I am getting

the jeep is not to bad on take off either, Im not sure if the PO had gears installed or not, is there a simply way to find out besides removing the diff cover and doing whatever is involved

if you have an open diff... or selectable locker... jack one rear tire off the ground, rotate it one revolution, count the revolutions of the driveshaft. if its 3 then its 3.07, if its ~3 and a half its 3.55 if its barely more than 4 its 4.10 if its ~4 and a half its 4.56..etc etc etc...

if you have a full-time locker/spool you will need to jack both tire soff the ground :jester:

Back