• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys lift

bonesxj

NAXJA Forum User
Installed a 6.5'' life on my 89 XJ. Now I hear a clunk coming from the front end when I hit bumps in the road.It sounds like something hitting the frame. I have checked and tightened all the bolts. The upper and lower control arms have Johnny joints that mount to the frame, could the noise be coming from them, because there is no rubber mount there.

I went through like 3 rustys track bar rod ends in a matter of months.. I ditched the rustys track bar, and all problems went away.. have a friend turn the wheel back and forth while you look at every moving part. Also touch them to feel for clunks. Mine was the tie rod end popping up and down so look for that.

if you did not grease up the johnny joints (flex joints) before installation thats your noise they need to be taken apart and greased liberally if you didn't you probably need new bushings and have to rebuild them...

Back