• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help

derrickdrew17

NAXJA Forum User
I was cutting one of my upper control arm bolts off and accidentally cut through one of my fuel line. Its the hard plastic line that goes from metal to plastic back to metal.. I like to know is that a return or pressure line? how do i find out. I patched it with some rubber hose and 4 fuel line clamps. I just dont want it to come apart while driving since its so close to the exhaust.

Any info would help

If it's the hard plastic line then you can go to an auto parts store and buy replacement line. It's actually nylon, i believe.

You can also buy a special coupler for them if you just want to splice it back together. If you soak the line in extremely hot water, it will become pliable enough for you to couple it.

Your current fix should probably be replaced, the nylon line isn't meant to be clamped down on.

If it's the hard plastic line then you can go to an auto parts store and buy replacement line. It's actually nylon, i believe.

You can also buy a special coupler for them if you just want to splice it back together. If you soak the line in extremely hot water, it will become pliable enough for you to couple it.

Your current fix should probably be replaced, the nylon line isn't meant to be clamped down on.

Ok thanks... its a 98 sport... I was told that's how to fix it but just making sure if there is another way to go around it.

Do you know where to get this splice.. I was told it looks like a splice for a air hose but the barbs are not sharp on correct one

How can you tell the feed line from the return line? they all look the same?

this is not my XJ but this is the line Im talking about...

fea2b72c.jpg

I cut that sucker where it curves up : (

on a 98 there is no return line. the fuel pressure is regulated in the tank. that is a pressure line, and should be fixed with a splice, or replaced ASAP

Back