• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Bumper

x2, doesnt really show. In the description it says it goes back beyond the steering box bolts... that doesnt really mean it ties into the steering box bolts....

Might wanna email him, ask how many bolts it bolts on with.
Bumper looks nice, otherwise.

Honestly for that price you can get a bumper that you know more about and looks alot better than that. Logans metal products sells a good looking one for much less than that without a hoop. Or if you have a welder and can weld you can order one of JCR's new DIY bumpers for very little money and have the satisfaction of building it yourself.

All good point mentioned here, I'd also call attention to the fact that the winch mounting surface is only made of the same 3/16" material the rest of the bumper is. Most other winch bumper manufacturers use 1/4" plate for the winch mount.
I also noticed (kind of hard to tell for sure tho) that there doesn't appear to be any quarter panel/fender/side protection... something that in a front bumper is a must in my opinion.

18 bolts total. It includes 18" long frame tie in brackets and new steering box bolts. the tie in brackets fully tie together the front of the Jeep and heavily brace the entire outer steering box area. I currently am using 5/16" plate for all of the brackets. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your interest, Daniel Earnhardt Karnage Off Road Products

this was his reply

im trying to find a nicely priced good quality bumper that doesnt look like it has a VW hangin off the front of it

Does anyone have one of these? That is a nice design for a great price. . .
I just got my bumper from them yesterday, it is very beefy and seems strong, that said I have not used/abused it yet. I installed it tonight and it went relatively easy, that said 1 of the steering box bolts did not line up perfectly (off by less than 1/16in). I do have one big issue with the company though. I ordered and paid for the bumper on Nov 11 and was told it was a 4-5 week turn around. I was a bit disappointed but understood why. I followed up 3 weeks later (12/2) and was told it would be done next week. On 12/16 I was told it would be done tomorrow. Then the 12/29 it was shipped and he would get me a tracking #. On 1/3 He told me opps it wasn't mine he shipped. The 1/17 he got me a tracking #, and I got it Yesterday. So it went from 4-5 weeks to became 10 weeks. In hind sight I think I would spend the extra $200 for a JCR or similar.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd spend 200 extra dollars just to get a bumper a few weeks faster. If the product is good then it was worth the wait. But vendor communication is a must in my book. I don't like being dicked around when they already have my money. That's one way to lose a customer.

All good point mentioned here, I'd also call attention to the fact that the winch mounting surface is only made of the same 3/16" material the rest of the bumper is. Most other winch bumper manufacturers use 1/4" plate for the winch mount.
I also noticed (kind of hard to tell for sure tho) that there doesn't appear to be any quarter panel/fender/side protection... something that in a front bumper is a must in my opinion.

werewoulf3 said:
18 bolts total. It includes 18" long frame tie in brackets and new steering box bolts. the tie in brackets fully tie together the front of the Jeep and heavily brace the entire outer steering box area. I currently am using 5/16" plate for all of the brackets. Hope this helps.

I really don't understand all the fascination with using such heavy plate. 3/16" is sufficient if the bumper is designed correctly.

5/16" plate for brackets on an XJ is POINTLESS weight.

I see no point in using heavier plate then needs to be used in order to be "beefy." I feel like so many people overlook the huge benefits of keeping your rig light.

as a small business owner, it's hard to keep stuff on track when you're busy, especially around the holidays. It's usually not intentional. you have 800 things going on at once, and before you know it, you're a week or two late. or you miss an email. or you got the order confused with someone else's who happens to have a similar name.
sucks for everyone, the customer and the vendor. they probably got more grey hairs over it than you did.
not saying it's ok, but just saying they probably aren't just sitting back making castles out of cards saying "eh, maybe i should start this guy's bumper today. naaaa, next week".

Back