• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks Header Gasket

puredrive

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got a cross reference to a fel pro gasket?
I tried the FelPro Part No. MS 93094 but the exhaust ports are not even close.
banks part :
Manufacturer's Part Number 93089
Summit Racing direct URL.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GBE-93089/

Quadratec shows as being Discontinued.

Any help would be appreciat

I'd contact Banks. They should know which part number to get. Possibly FelPro MS 39094 has been superceded by a new PN.

You would think...But no luck there. They just said to use the OEM part.

The thing is that the Header Exhaust ports are way BIGGER then the damn gasket from Felpro & OEM gasket that is suggested to my jeep.

Found this online
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-4529243/?rtype=10

I am hoping that the picture is accurate and that this would fit.

I wouldn't count on any gasket other than Banks to fit. A number of years ago I went your route and finally ordered two from Banks. I still have my spare. As you have discovered, Banks ports are larger.

Has the head on your motor been swapped?

yeah by me, infamous cracked cyl head. I did the header upgrade at the same time. Just made sense to do every thing at the same time

I wouldn't count on any gasket other than Banks to fit. A number of years ago I went your route and finally ordered two from Banks. I still have my spare. As you have discovered, Banks ports are larger.

The Performance Mopar gasket was only 12 bucks from the dealer. I'll confirm once I receive it, its a special order item.

Did you use Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi Temp Sealant on your application?

21-vFMVjcdL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
The Mopar Performance P4529243 gasket exhaust ports are fine, but the intake side cover the intake port just a bit. Wonder if it would be OK to cut to fit. :dunno:

IMAG0220.jpg

You can cut it without issue.

However, that gasket looks like it is for a renix era head. You may want to find one for a 98 XJ seeing as you have the earlier head. I don't know why you would get the first gasket for a 00+ head when you don't have that.

Back