• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD with IRO LA kit

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you that have the IRO LA kit...how does it ride on the street....over speed bumps, potholes, etc. I have heard all I need to about its off road performance, just want to know what to expect.

This must be the new "inexpensive" kit on the market.

Never owned it. I just don't like the way it looks and the engineering that went into it.

This must be the new "inexpensive" kit on the market.

Never owned it. I just don't like the way it looks and the engineering that went into it.

x2. are we talking about the one that has the "caster adjustment"?

System works flawlessly, on and off road. I can personally show you three xj's that i wheel with, that have a combined 5 years with this kit and never a problem.

Personally, I love the design of the three peice crossmember. Sure other company's make this. But for the price, you won't regret it!

where was i talking shit?

there are 5 of these threads a month, and they always end up with 3 sides... those that trust the bracket, those that have seen it fail, and those that are weary about it. youll see accounts of all of them. i quoted frankensteinxj because i was thinking the same thing. its only a matter of time until all sides make their stand.

how about your post up some videos of you "beating the piss" out of your jeep as you claim to. which will fail first, the IRO kit or your D30 on 38s?
:rolleyes:

if you havent personaly destroyed it then dont talk SH!T

Another thread?

I have broken it...so can i talk shit?

casteradjuster-1.jpg

I don't understand why they don't just give you a few options rather than that continuous slot? Just having a few holes would make that whole contraption a lot stronger and safer in my opinion.

if you havent personaly destroyed it then dont talk SH!T

im not dumb enough to run it, cant break it if i dont run it. i have a proposition for anyone. buy me the kit. i will run it for one month. if it stays in one piece you can have a perfectly fine longarm setup back and i will defend it with you. if it breaks. you will get it back broken and i will not defend it. chances are the teenie uca bolt or caster bracket thing will let go, so you wont be out much anyway

im not dumb enough to run it, cant break it if i dont run it. i have a proposition for anyone. buy me the kit. i will run it for one month. if it stays in one piece you can have a perfectly fine longarm setup back and i will defend it with you. if it breaks. you will get it back broken and i will not defend it. chances are the teenie uca bolt or caster bracket thing will let go, so you wont be out much anyway

Sounds like a deal to me. It's a shame I already have a setup that I'm happy with.

I love how a simple question turns into a piss off....I simply asked how it rode on the road. Don't care if you don't like it, if you do like it, how the caster adjustment is in your opinion. I asked how it performed on the road...that simple

Any longarm kit will have a decent ride as opposed to short arms on the street.. however IRO still has a horrible design!

any long arm kit only rides as good as it's springs/shocks. tires, wheel size, and air pressure play a big role too. also, the more rubber bushings (less hard joints), the less noise and harshness.. so more smooth.

thats really all you need to know about anything being smooth on the road.

I love how a simple question turns into a piss off....I simply asked how it rode on the road. Don't care if you don't like it, if you do like it, how the caster adjustment is in your opinion. I asked how it performed on the road...that simple
probably should have asked this question in the street and performance section then.

any long arm kit only rides as good as it's springs/shocks. tires, wheel size, and air pressure play a big role too. also, the more rubber bushings (less hard joints), the less noise and harshness.. so more smooth.

thats really all you need to know about anything being smooth on the road.

and "smooth" is a relative term. what might be a caddy to one, may not even be acceptable to another.

Back