• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaky Belt after Taurus Fan upgrade

CTRacing

NAXJA Forum User
My belt squeaks like crazy after i did the Taurus Fan upgrade. Has anybody had this problem or know any good fixes for a squeaky belt. It doesn't squeak while running at idle, just anything above idle. Please help!

someone in another thread mentioned getting even a small drop of coolant on the belt can cause this. just throwing that out there.

i think replace it, i heard you should use a goodyear gatorback belt. you can try cleaning it first, maybe use a good degreaser, but dont hold it against me if it makes it worse!

I also read somewhere else that alternator can be over worked, causing the belt to squeak. I upgraded to the 136 amp last year but my battery gauge reads low so I thought I might upgrade to the 160 amp. As anyone had the alternator cause a squeaky belt?

I also read somewhere else that alternator can be over worked, causing the belt to squeak. I upgraded to the 136 amp last year but my battery gauge reads low so I thought I might upgrade to the 160 amp. As anyone had the alternator cause a squeaky belt?

Yeah, its caused whenever a load is put on a belt that is worn or dirty. I would get a squeak for a few seconds at startup, then it would run quiet. When I turned my AC on however it was so loud and obnoxious that I wouldn't even run it.

Switched to a Gatorback belt and no more squeak, even with the AC on.

Back