• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heim Joint steering on Teraflex knuckle Q?

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
I am pretty sure i know the answers to my questions but just want to make sure. My Trac bar and drag link are not parallel i am thinking if I move the draglink on the bottom side of the knuckle (would obviously move the tie rod too) it would make my angles alot better.

Also I dont need the high misalignment spacers on the tie rod do I?

couple pics for visualization.

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

I'm not 100% on moving the drag link to the underside. I would think there would be some binding at full drop if you do that. As for the TRE misalignment spacers. There is no need for them there, but make sure you use safety washers on those and all other heims. What axle/body side tracbar brackets are you using?

itd help, but as calixj said, droop may be an issue. the teraflex knuckle originally came ready for UTK, but it was also meant to accept TREs.

side note:
i never noticed this Kman, but it looks like your coil buckets and LCA mounts could use some love.

NAAAAA, thats just the stock track bar mount beat up and out of the way lol. The LCA mounts need love though.

Not sure on what mounts, I believe frame side is a RK and axle is ruffstuff. They were on the axle when i got it.

Whats better then? Lowering Frame side or raising axle side?

Drive it on the street like that? Hows that feel?

Good looking jeep no matter how it drives

What are you talking about??? Drive's fine, I've only ever noticed the bump steer very slightly now that the roads are snowy and with 13.5" wide krawlers.

Thanks

Move your pitman arm joint on top of the pitman arm?

I've considered that also, just not sure if there will be enough room.

I have some other options for you, but they all require fab work and welding.

I'll get better pictures this evening for you, but here's a sneak peak..

2012-01-14_13-33-29_185.jpg

That's fine. I can handle fab work, it's just getting the time to do it, and it's flipping cold in Michigan this time of year when your garage isn't heated lol.

Looks interesting!!!

that DOES look interesting. which knuckle is that?

its a WJ knuckle modified to accept WJ brakes.

... trust me on that one. details when i update the build thread later this week.

That doesn't happen to be a track bar mounting to the inner c? I was just thinking about that as an option for my 44 swap. I am very much looking forward to seeing how you work that out.

Back