• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frozen Spider gears?

gameface87

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

Im in the middle of a swap and my "new" c8.25 is having some issues. I am in the process of doing a disc swap, so I pulled the shafts, and now the shafts wont spin individually. It seems the spider gears are frozen, as I am not able to remove them. The brake assembly is not installed, so thats not causing anything. Im at a loss, everything looks fine. Any input? :banghead:

well, first off, is it a limited slip- or open carrier?

Did you know for sure they would spin individually prior to removal?

Well, i am pretty sure it is an open carrier... it just has a pin holding the spiders inline, no s spring or anything. Am I missing something there?

I didnt really check before pulling it. I am still learning. Next time I will definitely check. My guess is maybe since it was sitting for a while that maybe the gears fused together? Im afraid of using too much force, I dont want to mess it up even more. Thanks

Nothing is "fused". Are you trying to remove the spider gears ? Why ? Did you remove the retaining bolt and the cross pin ?

Read this -> http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=10780.0

Open on the LEFT, Limited Slip on the RIGHT.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
i was only trying to remove the spider gears to "unstick" them. but it looks like im the idiot... I definitely have the traclok. Thats a relief! thanks for the clarification!

Back