• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will they fit/work ?

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering if a set of 255/75/17 tires on Moab 17" rims will work on my 96 Cherokee. 5.5" BS on the rims too BTW.

I know I will have to use spacers to convert from the 5 on 5 bolt pattern of the Moabs to the the 96's 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern. I currently have 16" icons on it, 225/70/16 tires that have plenty of tread, but are starting to crack from dry rot around the side walls.

My question is, the 96 has a 3" lift on it, and the seller claims these are 32" tires, but the calculator I used says they are 33's.

5 tires & rims with less than 8k on them for less than 600 bucks.

Last edited:
I had the same setup but with 4" of lift and 1.25" spacers.

At the time, I had all the factory molding/trim crap still on and they rubbed with the steering at full chock and a lot when stuffed.

I eventually got rid of the JK moabs and went to TJ moabs because the 17" is just too much wheel. I've known several other people to make the same decision.

That's why I am asking, thinking it may be a bit too much. I have even found a set of 5 of them, sans tires, for 180 bucks.

But if I am staying with a 16" rim, may as well keep the Icons I have.

I have this setup on my '99 with exactly 5" over stock on the front (axle tube to frame measurement). They will not fit without trimming. You have to cut something, whether it's your front bumper caps or your flares etc. Plastic will have to be cut. Stuffed, well that a whole other animal. Bumpstops will become your friend very quickly.

Back