• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauges not working

krawler09

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have searched and having trouble finding out my problem or I'm not wording it right. Well I have a 95 Cherokee 4.0 auto and my fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge and the temp gauge is not working but the volt gauge speedometer and the tach work fine, also the low fuel light stays on. I have checked the wiring replaced the temp sensor on the housing. Are there any grounds I need to look for or anything along that line? Any ideas will help, thanks

The printed circuit board in your gauge cluster may be toast; however, pound on top of the dash with your fist and see if the gauges come to life. If not, reach under the dash and gently wiggle the wire bundles that go to the cluster and see what happens.

After getting tired of pounding my dash and steering wheel to fix it I pulled the plug and cleaned the terminals and dielectric greased them. My TJ had random cluster problems and that solved them for me.

I did notice when I put the key in the run position the oil pressure gauge goes to 0 then tops out. Also had no engine to firewall ground strap, replaced it and no change.

Back