• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS main leaf length/shackle angle

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
I'm looking into getting a new leaf pack for my Jeep. I only want to net about 3 to 3.5" of lift though. I was really wanting to run a Big Offroad (Alcan) pack due to their quality and proper shackle angle, but their smallest pack is a 4" pack, which actually nets much more than 4".

Does anybody know of the BDS pack have a longer then stock main leaf to help adjust the shackle angle?

I just asked this question recently. The BDS 3" springs are the same size as stock when measured eye to eye, so the overall leaf length is slightly longer than stock.

I have the BDS 5". They are longer than RE 4.5 for sure. Not sure for stock leafs. BDS recommends a 1" shackle to maintain proper shackle angle. Stock shackles cause them to binde while flexing because if the added length. So keep that in mind when piecing your rear set up together with these leafs

Kinda in the same boat as you, Jeff.

I don't really want to go Alcan because it would put my rear lift height over 5" with a shackle. I'm curious what the BDS 3" pack has to offer for a shackle angle.

Back