• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE springs

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to buy a new set of springs in the next week or so and tthe RE ones are at the top of the list. They have always had a reputation for being a bit taller than the advertised lift height and wanted to know if this is still true after them being sold Any direct experience is preferred. TIA

Still true, but I was told all their newer springs were made in indochina or one of those lousey places, any truth to that?

Thanks guys. Glad to see they are still made in the USA. Definitely worth a few extra bucks in my book. Thinking I'm gonna end up going with the 4 1/2" ones. Gonna be a little tall for my 33s but will let me grow into 35s later this spring.

I have the 3.5in springs withe rubicon lift shackles on my jeep, with 4.5in rubi springs and 1.25in spacers up front and my rear was still slightly taller until I got my rear tire carrier with a 33/12.50 on it.

leafs or coils? which height? my 4.5" coils are pretty soft. and i have their 4.5" leafs which have worked for a couple trips. didnt have the best luck with the 3.5" leafs. and many have posted pictures of leafs with 'made in india' stamped on them

Send me a pic PLEASE!!

6679708535_a2f57711f3_o.jpg

6679688761_de17ebafd5_o.jpg

No Problem, I've worked in the Off road industry I don't blame you for changing reps If he does not know what hes selling he does not need your business, I would have done the same !

Can I borrow a towel so I can wipe this egg off my face......:mad:.

R.E. evidently has bought some or all of their leaf packs from other countries for many years. The Indian R.E. packs I owned were bought several years ago.
It appears that even after being bought out of bankruptcy by 4 Wheel Parts, that they are still using out of country vendors.
I can only hope their standards have risen.

Don't feel too bad, I've had sales reps lie to me for decades.
Many of them are only interested in selling parts and expect to change jobs every year or two. Integrity is not part of their equation.
Consider this to be a learning experience.:)

Okay, I had to point out that the sticker said "Made in India".....not Indonesia.

My parents, my brother and my sister were made in Indonesia and they're pretty ok :D

I was made in Holland....we're all imports ;)

Hans

So I finally got my springs installed today and something just doesn't seem right. I'm going from a V8 ZJ and 2" spacer front and an S10 bastard pack lift to the 4.5" coils front and 3.5" leaves with lift shackle rear.I ended up getting 1" of lift in the front and a whopping 4" in the rear. It has got one heck of a rake to it right now.
Does anyone know the length of the 4.5" front coils. I'm surprised that I only got 1" up front. Had about 3" before so figured I was gonna get atleast 2" before any settling.
Guess I may try removing the front factory isolators and reinstalling the 2" spacers tomorrow and see what that looks like.
I did notice that the rear shackle angle doesn't look great but wouldn't think that would affect the height of the lift or the fact that the rear doesn't seem to be flexing much. Jacked up the rear corner as far as I could get it and the tire only got about 1" closer to the flare in the rear. I know that they are new springs but was expecting a little more flex.
Sorry for he rambling, just trying to put some thoughts and ideas down and looking for feedback on them.

I would think you would get even less lift in the front than that. A stock Zj front should be about a 2"+lift. Add a 2" spacer and you should have been at about 4" before.

Back