• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ome leafs

They are awesome Robert, i have a set on my jeep. Got mine used and haven't noticed any sag.

Depends on whether you get LD, MD or HD. HD will net you at LEAST 3.5"

Are you lowering the Jeep, Robert?

I put the medium rate on mine. I like them. Slightly stiffer then stock, but a good road ride.

I bought the CS034RA medium duty leaves but haven't had the opportunity to install them yet. About how much lift did they give you tbburg?

I bought the CS034RA medium duty leaves but haven't had the opportunity to install them yet. About how much lift did they give you tbburg?

I got 2.5 to 3 but used an OME extra leaf.

Are you lowering the Jeep, Robert?

No. Between shackles u-bolt eliminater kit and shackle relocation brackets ill still be between 6-6.5. Just working on improving some of my older stuff and inproving the rear flex some more.

Looks like the medium duty are the only ones I can get that big.

I've already got HDO relocators and lift shackles that I want to use in conjuction with these leaves but I don't want any more than 4.5" total lift. I'd like less in all honesty. Right now, I've got rusty's 4.5" with that setup and a leaf taken out to give me about 4.5" total.

I have c5034ra O.M.E. Leaf springs. With the ome D22xl extra leaf and they've been on like 2 years .

I like the ride and it tows well with the d22xl added in there.

hmm guess after looking at the previous posts again that that 5 is an S couldn't tell on dirk from dpg's handwriting on my invoice..

apparently the medium duty

Last edited:
I have OME leafs, i would have to dig up a part number but they are the newer style meduim duty springs IIRC? 3.5" lift, they still have very low miles on them but so far they are 100% better ride than my stock leafs. and i can cary some weight now without worry.

I have used home-brew packs and they sagged, changed to R.E. packs (absolute junk) and they sagged even quicker.
Two years ago I installed OME's medium duty packs, got 2.5" (when normally loaded). They have not sagged a bit and have a nice, semi-firm ride.
I'm happy.

I have the CS034RA leafs as well (whichever ones are labeled as HD) and i got about 3" out of them. They were installed about 4 years ago and there is no noticeable sag in them, but granted i haven't done any serious offroading. I did use the standard front springs which leaves my jeep with a bit of a raked look, heads up...

Greets; I am looking at the ARBUSA.com web site's pdf on our XJ's, and there is no listing for an "OLD MAN EMU"--3" lift leaf spring setup, but there is one for a 3.5" lift gain. Everyone has a different reason for a needed application. If in doubt call 'em up, and they will be happy to sell you what you need! Me, I got the "Heavy Constant Load" leafs, i.e; CS035RA which gives the XJ a solid 2" lift gain with OEM attachment points. (I carry several toolboxes, spare, and other stuff that weigh a lot). I also ordered their 'extra leaf', which I did not install, as they aren't really needed with the 035RA's, but can come in handy should the occasion arise. This spring I intend to get a solid steel rear bumper with tire carrier which will add something around a 135lbs., and I know that that weight will not be much of a challenge to the constant heavy load leaf springs.., maybe the XJ will lower an 1/8, or 1/4" at most. I would advise the 035RA's if you intend to haul a light trailer for a single atv, snowmachine as there will be additional tongue weight that the springs will have to handle properly. I also have a slight 'rake-look', but then that is due to the ARB Kangaroo Bull Bar Winch bumper with a WarnM8000 installed. The slight rake is no big deal, and probably helps to slightly diminsh getting "High Centered" in heavy snow. I can attest to that a bit, as last night I plowed the nose through headlight deep snow drifts, in a blizzard, in 4Lo, 4th gear for miles on a one lane road in the dark, and the XJ performed as designed, and the suspension was perfect.

One thing of note: The 035RA's are really stiff. So, when going across a speed bump, into a pot hole, over washboard roads of hard pack, or ice/snow, my tool boxes contents 'jolt', with the sounds of leaping wrenches. The Old Man Emu front coil springs are acting to balance that all out so I do not 'feel' that in the front seat. Other than the previous driving conditions mentioned, the ride is super when it comes to wavy-gravy mud/snow roads, or sunken asphalt repair jobs after a crew installs some culvert, etc., under pavement, and did, or could not effect repair to be level with the origional roadway.

A mistake was made. :dunno: I actually have the light duty rear springs. I never confirmed with the shop what was ordered/what came in. I don't remember if I asked for the light duty springs, or if they just ordered the wrong set and I never noticed. I remember ordering the mediums. I'd complain, but it's been over 2 years, the shop's out of business, and to be honest, I'm happy with them and the jeep sits about where I want it.
Easy enough mistake to make, the lights are CS034RB and the mediums are CS034RA

Anyway,..

This set measures 18 1/2" from hub center to flare, or 7 5/8" from axle tube to frame flat. They've got about 4K miles on them, mainly road and some light trail miles. No hard pounding or heavy loading.

According to the Measuring Lift Height -- The Official "Dirty" Method thread in the FAQs, The stock measurement should be 17" or 6 1/4", so I've got about an inch and a half of lift.

Back