• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offset/backspace

davidson99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure the difference? Or how you figure out what I have with a tire mounted on the rim but I do know that they stick out a bit. im needing to find out what i have so i can get a spare rim. help?

IMAG0106.jpg

ok......well unless i am a complete idiot...(which i wouldnt argue if you said tha i was) im measuring up 15x10 rim with maybe 3" backspace

sounds about right

looks like my 15x10 with 4" backspacing... your tire would be out about 5.5" from the body in the rear with 3" back spacing... it looks like 4'' or 4.5'' backspacing to me

think of it like this, less backspacing = more clearance/ tire getting set out more from the WMS (wheel mounting surface). more backspacing = tires inside the fender wells, hitting control arms, coil springs, sway bar, inner fender guard....

i want to eventually go with a with a more narrow wheel so i can run less psi and also bring the wheels in a little bit. i have plenty on clearance. i have alot of trimming done and i plan on going with a 33/1050 or 32/1150 so i can stuff them rather then hitting my quarters. so should i go with a 15x8 with 3 bs?

i want to eventually go with a with a more narrow wheel so i can run less psi and also bring the wheels in a little bit. i have plenty on clearance. i have alot of trimming done and i plan on going with a 33/1050 or 32/1150 so i can stuff them rather then hitting my quarters. so should i go with a 15x8 with 3 bs?
Mine is running 15x7's with 4" BS on 32's with roughly 2.5" lift and i don't rub.

Back