• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do

What should I do?

• Swap parts to canman rig and beat it up even more

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Start a new build and wheel canman rig the way it is

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Im close to buying a house, moving and then being able to part out red mustache ride fairly soon. I was going to move the my axles, case and a few other things over to the canman rig and make that the me and Alyssas permanent wheeler and selling everything else. Now im getting the urge to start a new project. Maybe a comanche, maybe a tj, maybe even a commando. Not sure what the budget would be until I have everything sold and I still have a trail rig with the canman rig to wheel.

So what do you think.

so keep alyssas(for something to wheelin the mean time and camping and what not) and start another project with what you were going to move over to green jeep?

I like that idea. you can pretty much build whatever you want within budget given you now have the tow rig. frankly, Id say go ahead and build a tj. that would be my recommendation. it doesnt take much for that rig to become even more capable than the built xj and there are even more parts out for it. plus they are semi affordable, especially if you buy it in not to great shape. I think that would be the most fun to wheel. hwoever as a rig to wheel and camp with, i like the xj. but you have both the j and the tow rig to fill up with camping gear.

go tj. just dont become a tj douche.

Sorry, why cant you just beat your current rig? Until you break its back bone.
Thats what I'm going to do, then transfer my parts over to a TJ or better yet a LJ if I can find one. I may just do a crazy build on the Cammando I am picking up.

I just sold my commando to jason, why have i had one for 6 years and now i hear people wanting to build them?!?!
Who is talking about building one besides me? I am not building mine until (A) I get out of school or (B) I kill the Cheokee. :conceited

I have already done that to many times.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2771743935.html
man I should build a commando!

If your going with option (C) Eric I say buy the Cammando that is a great price, and thats similar with how my build will be down the road. I dont think they are as attractive as a CJ5,CJ7,CJ8 or a Bronco but every one of those is 3 to 4 times the price, and the top comes off more importantly.
Thats whats going to happen with mine the top and doors are comming off and its going to sit at the lake for warm summer days. :shhh:

light it on fire?

Option C.

You already started parting out Mustache Ride, so finish what you started. Sell everything on it, and use that money to put toward the Dellstophouse. Hell, put it in savings for gas money for wheeling trips since that's been a pretty popular excuse for you recently.

Canman's rig needs nothing major. It's point and shoot. If your only going to run 33's, a HP44 and 4:1 would be stupid for what you two are you're going to use it for. Sell that stuff and pocket the $$$.

I don't think you should even consider starting a new project right now...

TORX's.02

Back