• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BLAMO CAMO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr10inches

NAXJA Forum User
Sooooo, I think its about that time, you know......when you realize you need to paint the Ol' jeep....

After thinking thru for a sold 7 minutes, ive come to the conclusion of a rattle canned camo paint job.....

reasons being 1) its cheap 2) i like the olive drappy, cow pattern. 3) I dont have to worry about sticks and tree crap molesting my jeep (im in the woods alot with it)

any pics or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated

thanks

you need 3 or more colors...

(when i worked at a hardware store, a lady came in and was working on a camo project for her son. she was surprised to find that she had to buy more than one can. like it all the colors coming out of one was expected...)

you need 3 or more colors...

(when i worked at a hardware store, a lady came in and was working on a camo project for her son. she was surprised to find that she had to buy more than one can. like it all the colors coming out of one was expected...)

hahahaha are you serious? thats great haha, but i get the 3 color thing, im more worried about paintin this thing and have it come out like a damn joke.

How much work do you want to do? I've been wanting to see someone do a really good "digital" camo paint job on a jeep.

Just a thought.

How much work do you want to do? I've been wanting to see someone do a really good "digital" camo paint job on a jeep.

Just a thought.

doing a "digital" camo is extremely time consuming, and to do it correctly would take so many hours of prep and taping it wouldnt be cost affective. the random shapes are not easy to do like a regular camo that can be done by a free flowing hand. the digital shapes would need to be masked off individually. can you imagine how much masking that would take? for a good digital camo scheme it is by far cheaper and easy, not to mention quicker to get a vinyl wrap. i have seen an XJ in my town that has had it done and it looks cool. he even did the glass. yes you can get vinyl wrap that is see through from the inside. you will notice this on busses and such.

for a typical "jungle" style camo (old school) i like to use forest green, olive drab green, brown, and a little black. random shapes and sizes with a free flowing hand. try not to make just a bunch of round and oval shapes. strech them out a bit with a little off chute here and there, kind of like a distorted 3 leaf glover with unequal sides.

You could get some ideas from getting pictures of humvees that have a 3 color job. You'd need OD green, a brown (or even sand/khaki would work) and black.

When I went to sniper school we had to paint some equipment (like tripods) and I always went with khaki base and used reverse stencils to add green. Another guy in my section used at least 4 colors in his camo paint jobs. I prefer it more simple, so for me it's 2 colors max.

I am still tinkering with the idea of rattle canning my rig khaki (like EricsXJ).

Khaki with black trim, flares and bumpers is what I'm looking at doing. Downside is my interior is that grey/blue color so not sure if it will go well with it. Worst case, I'll just gut it and go from there I guess.

-Eric

Khaki with black trim, flares and bumpers is what I'm looking at doing. Downside is my interior is that grey/blue color so not sure if it will go well with it. Worst case, I'll just gut it and go from there I guess.

-Eric

That's the picture I have in my head too. I have the greyish interior (agate?), but I planned on recoloring everything black using duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Anyone have any experience with this?

For the record, you guys don't have to keep responding to the OP since he was banned for starting 2 or 3 different A.E.s all in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back