• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure...High ?

BostonIrish

NAXJA Forum User
My kid's 99 XJ has been showing high oil pressure on the gauge.I'm told it's up to around 80 when he's accelerating and then it drops to around 40 when he's cruising along. I can't find anything in my Haynes manual about it..,

If you are running a Fram filter, get rid of it ASAP.

I've had 2 pressure senders fail such that the slightest increase in RPM would put them on the gauge high peg. (1 of my 2001s and my '84 )

Changing senders fixed it.

Odds are high that the oil pressure sending unit is the culprit. They are a VERY common failure on the 4.0 I'm on my third one on my 99.

I highly recommend purchasing it directly from Jeep for the best reliability and longevity. Well worth the extra few bucks. Aftermarket oil pressure sending units are "hit and miss" with a lot of miss.

Ordered one today..will be in by 8am tommorow.I also picked up a Mopar oil filter because I'm using a Fram ToughGuard right now and everyone says Fram
Is crap lately...

Back